Rollin' on Dub's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rollin' on Dub's

Well to start off here a list of some of my mods... first is the eye cather the 20" KMC Stealths wrapped in Goodyear Eagle GT-II's, next we the fully functional Ram-Air, 3" Exhaust with a OBX Tip, Flowmaster Muffler, Clear Corner's, White Face Gagues, AC Intake Filter, Custom Made Cold Air Intake Pipe (sorry no engine pics right now), Custom Pin-Striping, UnderBody Neon (blue), and Strobe Lights, then the (((Sound))) 4 15" Rockford Fosgate Subs (over 160 db) powered by 2 PowerPunch 800a2... many more mods to come...

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
{hope the photos came out}

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dub came from people calling a 20 dollar bill a dub. So 20 inches people started calling dubs. The magazine came after the term dub.
And hi I'm Darnell I havnt posted on here before. Some of you might know me off The EXPLORERUNDERGROUND.COM my name is the same on both.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well everyone has their own opinion...

Well I too am entitled to my opinion, and all I wanna say is HA! :rolleyes: Is there any useful point? I feel a disgrace to my explorer... Sure ya got yer own thing, but round here, at least adding a lift and bigger tires helps come winter time... That is just wrong and thank God I never see em around my home...
:rolleyes:
Pete

Maybe im a little wild but isnt this the sport section? :rolleyes:

Yes this is the sport section. The reason that I lowered my explorer is to get a better ride out of it. It can outhandle just about any other stock SUV now. I never plan on going off road with my explorer so I customized it to work for what I do with it... not to mention, it looks better too. Lifted trucks are a dime a dozen, but how often do you come across a nice looking SUV that has good handling?

Originally posted by 98FordX24
It can outhandle just about any other stock SUV now. ...but how often do you come across a nice looking SUV that has good handling?

Um, well I sure hope that lowering it would help it out handle a stock SUV... And how often do I come across a nice lookin suvs that handle well... Rarely... I've come across ones that handle well but look like $hit... But I guess what one would say looks good is opinion... In the eye of the beholder I suppose...

Well, actually now that I think about it, it probably can't out handle any stock SUV. By the looks of those new BMW SUV's, it looks like they can take turns pretty fast. You built your truck to work good OFF road, because thats what you like to do, and we built our trucks to work good ON road, because thats what we like to do. So get off our backs about it.

Go back to my last post that said, we're all entitled to our own opinion... I gave mine. Should I get off my lazy ass and finish my Elite Expo Registry entry, then feel free to give your opinion. Should ya not like it, feel free to tell me so, it won't bother me one bit.
Pete

Ok come-on guys dont need to start drama in here, We all have our on taste in style... And my style happens to be sport, now I'll never say there is something wrong with lifting your X and goin offroad because there isn't anything wrong with it, IMO.... One reason I did mine A Sport truck is beacuse I knew I would never go offroad with because its not what I'm into...

Ok now to why I came in here, to post some mods that I plan to do in the near future... I do plan on droppin my X But it will take me alot of work and money, one thing that I dont have is alot of money and the other is I only have weekends to do work on my projects, so that is out of the ? right now... A few other plans that I have are a new full intake pipe, the new speaker box that I'm workin on, well I know there's some other things but right now I forgot what is was oh well can always add them when I remeber... Feel free to post any Idea's that you may have, I'm always open to sugesstions

this is the sort of thing that happens over at the jeep board. its not cool to be like that. the one thing us explorer owners have is that we are chill and get along. So one person wants to have a lifted x while others want thiers lower. Personalyy id like the option of both for my truck but thats not possible. so be cool with it and let people show thier own expressions and give them props for being creative

The way I look at it, if you have a 4X4 or All-wheel drive, lifting it and adding large tires makes sense, but if you have a 2 wheel drive like me and some of the other guys here, then lowering it and adding the "sport" look makes more sense than adding big offroad tires, etc. Most people get a 2 wheel drive if they mainly drive on the highway, so riding around all the time on the highway with big off road tires makes as much sense as getting a 4X4 and lowering it. Anyway, whatever the individual likes is what it comes down to, this is just my opinion.

imo there is nothing wrong with a 4wd or in particularly a awd sport truck. just look at the bmw ix or a quattro audi, they are built for on road performance and moving around in snow, just like my vehicle and many others on the site

Mine is 4X4. It's not slammed but it is lowered enough to get better on road performance and still functional in the snow.

To answer this one i would have to say that i wish i had two explorers because one i would drop with some fat 20's or 22's on it and the other i would lift a little and put some big mudding tires on. either look would look awesome to me. but since i have but one to work with and i live in a temperate state i am going with the sportier explorer. before seeing some of the peoples pics in here with lifted explorers i would have boshed at it but now i can say that my opinion has definately changed. some look bada$$. while others look trashy. though same goes for some of the sporty explorers too. it is a toss up with me.

Wicked

That thing is insane. Woofers like that might cause internal injuries.

Damn sweet ride! I'd fix the chrome tipped muffler though :)

Back