RPM goes up and down while Ac is running | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RPM goes up and down while Ac is running

samuel varghese

Reaction score
City, State
doha qatar
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer xlt
I have a Ford Explorer 2013 model . I got the throttle body changed due to the carbon deposit as the vehicle stalls with a spanner sign.

Now I could see the rpm going up and down when the AC is on for some time

Can any body help ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome. The rpm will go up & down a little as the a/c compressor cycles on & off when the a/c is on.

I have a Ford Explorer 2013 model . I got the throttle body changed due to the carbon deposit as the vehicle stalls with a spanner sign.

Now I could see the rpm going up and down when the AC is on for some time

Can any body help ?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
How much does the RPM vary? A lot or a little? As Mike 66 mentioned, it isn't unusual to see a very slight variance when the A/C is running but that should only happen as the compressor kicks in and out. It should not give you a steady varying of the RPM.
Also please add the trim (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it show in the margin. This could be helpful for some future concerns. All it show now is "2013".

Peter

How much does the RPM vary? A lot or a little? As Mike 66 mentioned, it isn't unusual to see a very slight variance when the A/C is running but that should only happen as the compressor kicks in and out. It should not give you a steady varying of the RPM.
Also please add the trim (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it show in the margin. This could be helpful for some future concerns. All it show now is "2013".

Peter
thanks peter. There is only a slight variance. I was worried it might be a problem.

I'm having a similar issue with my 2013 V6 XLT. It is experiencing a rough idle when the AC is on and it does not blow out cold air. I have verified the freon level/pressure is sufficient. Any odeas what to look at?

I'm having a similar issue with my 2013 V6 XLT. It is experiencing a rough idle when the AC is on and it does not blow out cold air. I have verified the freon level/pressure is sufficient. Any odeas what to look at?
Some members have had issues with the 'Blend Door' not working but I doubt that is your issue. Others have had issues with the cooling fans not operating properly but I don't think that should cause rough idle. Perhaps the compressor isn't working correctly. I suggest taking it to the dealer to have them check it.
Also, please add 'XLT' to your profile so members will know which trim you have since some issues can be trim specific. Thanks.

Peter

Back