Ruined tire? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ruined tire?

this morning I heard a whirring sound from the rear of my truck. Looked out the window, and the rear tire was almost dead flat. Was in the center lane with jersey walls, and no where to pull off. I drove about 3 blocks before being able to pull off and fill it. I’m assuming this tire is likely ruined?

It’s a BFG TAKO. Unfortunately they are 30-40% worn, and that means a set of four.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably.

My g/f drove on a BFG Rugged Trail totally flat for maybe ¼ mile. It was done.

Can’t really find any good deals. Looks like I’m going to end up with a set of stock sized crappy all terrains.

It was an old key that punctured it. Lame.

Better than a blow out and smacking the Jersey Barrier.

Those things don't move very well....

Have a tire shop pop it off the rim to look for damage. Tires that have been rode on flat will have what looks like rubber sawdust inside. Also look for sidewall damage on exterior. I wouldn't jump on 4 new tires yet.....

The sidewalls look good. The tire was warm to the touch, but not hot. I’ll have it pulled off tomorrow, but I’m trying to not be hopeful. Considered going back to mud terrains for a fleeting minute.

Dig on Craigslist for a replacement if you need one :dunno:

Finding an original 65% TA KO I’m 31x10.5x15 isn’t easy. Can find tons in 33 and 35. There is one on eBay for $90 that has 11/32nds on it. I’m not sure where mine measure out to.

Back