Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the Dee Zee Running Boards work well with Ford OEM Mudflaps?

I want some of those cool power ones you see on the big lifted trucks. Those are the only ones I'd ever have.

Yes, they fit easily with the factory mud flaps, same setup I have.

Any idea the best place to buy DeeZee's that ship to Canada?

I am also from Canada, however I have a US shipping address, cheapest place I found for mine were from Amazon.

I was thinking of getting the Black on Black DeeZee running boards...anyone have them? How do they work with the Black Plastic Door Panel at the bottom of our Ex?

I read from an earlier thread that they don't really match that well. Has this been resolved?

Hard to tell in many pics.

I have black on black running boards on a Tuxedo Black Sport, they match fairly well.

I have black on black running boards on a Tuxedo Black Sport, they match fairly well.

Could you post a pictue? Or send me one?

I could, I'll have to run it through the car wash first though as I assume you don't want to see mud brown running boards against black trim :p:

2014 Sport Running Boards

Just picked up our new '14 Sport. Does anyone have any experience with after market running boards? Talked with Westin and learned that the OE Cladding will not allow a proper fit of their brackets. Looking for all black and close fit to the body. Prefer not to have to drill new holes for installation.

Thanks in advance for any information.

M...

Just picked up our new '14 Sport. Does anyone have any experience with after market running boards? Talked with Westin and learned that the OE Cladding will not allow a proper fit of their brackets. Looking for all black and close fit to the body. Prefer not to have to drill new holes for installation.

Thanks in advance for any information.

M...
As per my PM, I have moved your post to this thread.
You may also want to check out the following thread;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344923&highlight=running+boards

Good luck and happy motoring. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Another Dee Zee thread...

I ordered Dee Zee running boards and received my brackets today. They were supposedly shipped direct from the manufacture. They arrived beat up, as they were packaged in a rectangular box and left free floating. So the brackets basically beat each other up. They are full of chips and scratches. I am debating if I should ask for another shipment or if I should just keep these and repaint them myself. Did anyone else have theirs arrive like this?

I would repaint them, not worth the hassle of shipping back.

I'm guessing if you call the DeeZee support line and tell them what the issue is, they will make things right. It's worth a shot.

Sounds like some body's returned used brackets were sent to you. I'd contact them...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I decided to keep them as its just cosmetic and not visible once the board is installed. It took me hours to get those boards (brackets!) installed, but it looks good and now I have happy kids. Beware that the quality isn't the best. The boards look to have been spray painted with black paint and some areas on the bottom of the board had not been covered with paint.

Back