• Register Today It's free!

Running nav to dvd headrest

daston

Reaction score
City, State
Cali
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited,4wd,302A
Is it possible? I remember there was a thread on this, but could not find it. It also listed that you could have the backup camera on all the time.

Another question is my DVD players from invision has a TV button on the remote. I called invision and they said the dvd players cannot play TV due to no tuner installed inside of them. If I bought a usb TV tuner and plugged it into the usb port on the dvd player would I get tv channels?

Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The info I got was that you would need to tap into the Invision DVD cable that runs from your master DVD headrest to the slave DVD headrest. From there you run that cable up to the SYNC/MFT media hub and plug into the RCA connections. Red/White for audio and yellow for video.

Best would be to connect a "Y" splitter to the back of the media hub for a clean install but you could just route up from under the console and plug into the RCA jacks in the media hub front side.

The sides of the console come off easy for access.

Post some pics if you do the install.

Another question is my DVD players from invision has a TV button on the remote. I called invision and they said the dvd players cannot play TV due to no tuner installed inside of them. If I bought a usb TV tuner and plugged it into the usb port on the dvd player would I get tv channels?

Thanks for any help.

I would say it's not likely a USB TV tuner would work for this application. That type of device is made for an operating system like Windows and requires software/drivers to function. The other part of that equation is you would still need an antenna to provide the signal.

I imagine your best bet is going to be installing something like a mini PC that has RCA out connections that would feed into your displays. Check out the Zotac ZBOX mini PCs, that's a good starting point if you go this route

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still researching everything.

Sirius offers Satellite TV in some Chrysler products.......you may wish to look at how they do that and see if its something you can add.

Back