Sat Antenna Fault | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sat Antenna Fault

swampyc

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EXPLORER LIMITED 2WD
I have no radio reception AM/FM/XM. Shows Sat Ant Fault on touch screen in XM. I checked the connector on the back of the radio frequency module and its fuse, and replaced the roof antenna, but this did not fix anything. Going into the diagnostics of APIM (Eject +Tune) the AHU shows radio strength 1.

Can play CD/BT so it is a reception problem.

4 questions.

1. Is there any other connectors somewhere in the wiring harness that may be separated.
2. I would think there is enough wire in the harness to act as an antenna to at least get a small signal somewhere on AM but I don't.
3. Are the AHU interchangeable without any flashing?
4. any chance this applies: FAS Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD MYLINCOLN TOUCH WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE APIM
Field Service Action Number: 12M02

Open to ideas.

Thanks Mike

Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:
I don't think it would have been the antenna as you should still have been able to receive AM/FM. The 'pigtail' is for AM/FM while the satellite antenna is in the base. I believe the 2013 setup allows you to get GPS coordinates. Have to tried that? The GPS antenna is under the dash.
If it was traced to the APIM then it should be covered. The fact that you are not receiving anything makes me think it could be a radio issue but that's a guess. Not familiar enough with what the diagnostics should show to comment on that. Good luck.

Peter

Back