Schrader Valve Location

03Mach1

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
95 Explorer Eddie Bauer, 4.0 SOHC

I am trying to locate the fuel rail schrader valver.

My little brother's X will not start so I am trying to help him get it fixed via phone and e-mail. He is having a hard time locating the schrader valve to do a fuel pressure test. I don't know if he is just too lazy to get in there and find it or is just unsure of what he is looking at. If someone could get me a pic that I could e-mail to him that would be a big help. I have found some through searching but most of them are close ups, I think my brother needs a wider shot to get him oriented.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look foward on the fuel rail and a little toward the driver's side.

its on the drivers side of the motor below the upper in take plenum and behind the egr valve

Thanks but I really need a pic to send to him.

I honestly don't know what his problem is but I don't even think he has found the fuel rail yet.....:crazy:

Schrader Valve pic...

I saw that but that is on the passenger side, I thought on a 95 the schrader was on the drivers side??

That is the location of the schrader valve on an OHV 4 liter....Unfortunalety I don't have a picture of the schrader valve on the SOHC...

That is the location of the schrader valve on an OHV 4 liter....Unfortunalety I don't have a picture of the schrader valve on the SOHC...

Hmmmm...now I am wondering if his X has the OHV or the SOHC ?????

Man trying to do repairs over the phone is a PITA...

As viewed from the driver's side with the intake plentum removed on the SOHC engine. The valve typically has a blue cap over it and sits near the oil fill cap, the CPS (camshaft position sensor), and the EGR valve.

schrader.jpg

Thanks guys.

I have a view of it on both motors now. I will e-mail it to him and hopefully he can figure out which one he has.

Thanks again I really appreciate it.

Oh and BTW, if the vehicle is a 95, then its the OHV because the first year we see the SOHC is in the 1997 model.
In other words, the picture I posted is useless to the OHV engine - doh!

He's got an OHV. It's by the coil pack, kinda.

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

Back