Scoop's On!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scoop's On!!!

Here's another.

Attachments

• hood1007.jpg
    hood1007.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,522

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• hood1008.jpg
    hood1008.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 466

Originally posted by huskyfan23
Don't need a supercharger, it's always good to keep your engine a little cooler, and it could help get better air to your intake.
Thats nothing that I would notice and I would just run into problems with ice and snow in the winter.

The scoop and the emblem look great!

looks d@mn good chris. :bounce:

Woah, that looks really good, makes me wanna put a scoop on mine, but turn it the other way, or better yet, make it a double functional scoop, to let air in, the divide it, then let air out. That would work wouldn't it? Or would it just let all the cold air get out, lol.
Like this, crappy drawing, i know.. deal with it.

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 419

Dunno about 'sick', Cj, but DEFINITELY way wicked! :cool: Nice job! (Now go find that Bullitt stang you beat and bust his balls again, lol)

That looks just plain bad ass....congrats man.

Chris: That thing makes my pants tight!:eek: I think you may need to stay in Carlisle right through Sunday to claim your trophy!

Seriously though, it looks wicked. And now I'm even more jealous.:(

That look's SWEET :D

i really really like it. i bid on an 83 gt hood scoop like yours and got outbid in the last 10 seconds. it was only at 57 bucks too. i was soooo mad. but man it looks great.

im curious how you attatched this scoop to your hood......mind showing us pictures?? i have seen a few stang scoops on ebay that i might want.....but if i would get one i would have to know how to attatch it!

There were 6 studs on the bottom of the scoop that come right out of the fiberglass and go right thru the hood. I forgot to take pics of the hood with holes in it but just use your imagination. I cut off the top middle stud on the scoop because it just wasnt going to work with my hood. Here's a pic of the scoop with the studs

Attachments

• scoop003.jpg
    scoop003.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 379

how did you mark where to drill the holes? i found the same scoop as yours and may bid on it soon

another question.......are these studs threaded and you put a nut on them to tighten it or do you need bolts/screws?

Glad to see yours is done

Please don't paint yours Black with silver, cause I would have to do something more radical to mine! If I put a V8 in mine I have drawn out some custom side skirts to replace the tube bar steps and run the side exhust under them.

I have drawn out some custom side skirts to replace the tube bar steps and run the side exhust under them.

Wanna share this one? I've been through side skirts from a Ford lightning to a Chevy blazer extreme and still can't figure out the best vehicle to start with to make them work on an Explorer Sport....aren't side exhausts exiting in front of the rear wheels illegal out by you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lindsy, if you have time, there are ways to make your own mold and lay your own glass, I'll have to look for info, but I know a few people that make their own custom 'glass, could be really cool:D

Back