Scotty's Rangerunner Build... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scotty's Rangerunner Build...

Added a skid plate:

Skid_Plate.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sick. looks like you're ready to hit the trails. hard.

Thanks again all, this project is quickly winding down for now. Got my Smitty Built XRC8 Winch today ($299.00 with free shipping from 4 wheel parts), and a set of KC Rally 800's are in route. That will be it for a while, maybe a supercharger depending on finances.

lookin sweet! i love this ranger. mine is basically the same truck... but less awesome lol. ive been spendin all my money on the banshee lately, but hopefully soon i can get a lift, and wheel/tire combo similiar to yours, cuz it looks really good on the ranger.

cant wait to see what you do next!

Did you have that winch tray welded on the frame rails? Does it slide into the rails?

I'm loving how it looks Scotty. !!
Yes, no bolts, hard welded directly to the frame.

lookin sweet! i love this ranger. mine is basically the same truck... but less awesome lol. ive been spendin all my money on the banshee lately, but hopefully soon i can get a lift, and wheel/tire combo similiar to yours, cuz it looks really good on the ranger.

cant wait to see what you do next!
Thanks man, all that's left were lights for the light bar. KC Rally 800's for me.

Maybe in the future a SuperCharger and some Coil Overs, but for now it's done.

See picture below for the last update for a while.

Lights_1.jpg

Lights_2.jpg

Some new additions:

Fire Extinguisher, never know when it might come in handy: (BTW, behind the trim is a metal bracket kind of thing, the short sheet metal screws worked great for mounting it in less than 5 minutes)
Extinguisher-1.jpg

Light Covers. They make a Black and Red cover, but not for the 8" lights, bummer:
Light_Covers.jpg

And of course the damage from a trail incident:
After_Carnage.jpg

Can you believe they made me pay for the band-aid? LOL:
Band_Aid.jpg

It goes to the shop Monday the 25th, I'll post pics once it's back.

Added A-Pillar handles from an 02 FX4. Got the brackets, handles and trim from a buddy of mines body shop. It cost me right at $150.00. You have to rivet the brackets into the prestamped holes in the A-Pillar, then just snap the trim in and bolt on the handles.

Driver:
DSC_0145.jpg

Passenger:
DSC_0143.jpg

...I like that upgrade and wish that would have came stock on the 4wd Rangers...:biggthump

...I like that upgrade and wish that would have came stock on the 4wd Rangers...:biggthump
The wife is always grunting and groaning getting in LOL, hopefully these will help.

You can never have enough oohh poo handles!

As aux lighting goes, the KC Rally 800s aren't really practical for daily driving (I have bigger plans for off road lighting). I figured since I spend 90% more time on the road in the dark than I do the trails or the desert (HA!), I should have some fog lights that are a little more main stream. Since I removed the valance, there were factory holes available to mount the to.

KC 26 series with amber lenses. I wired them into the factory switch. As far as the other auxiliary lighting, I'm going to talk to Charlie and Mud Connection to see if they have someone to fabricate a rooftop light bar that also has mounts for a spare. I'll add 4 more of the KC 800 Rallys, but those will be driving, the two up front are directional.

Here are pics of the new fog lights:

Fogs_1.jpg

Fogs_2.jpg

In the short amount of time you've been modding the truck, it has turned out great. I'm not a big fan of stickers, but I love EVERYTHING else. I still say you need to hit the front suspension components with a little Rustoleum. :D

You get :thumbsup::thumbsup:!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I picked up a Pioneer CD BTB200 - Cellular phone Bluetooth adapter. It connected easily to my Pioneer DEH-P4100UB head unit. The install took me about 45 minutes. I'm very happy with it, unfortunately, the pics are pretty much anticlimactic LOL. Unfortunately, it won't download the phone book from my CrackBerry, but the only thing I'd use it for would be caller ID anyway, so no biggie. If I place a call within range of the bluetooth, it automatically takes over anyway.

Very cool, when a call comes in, it mutes/pauses the head unit then after the call is terminated it resumes.

BT_1.jpg

BT_2.jpg

BT_3.jpg

Back