Seat question

kpearson

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited
Good afternoon folks,

My question is this. I have a 2000 explorer limited, but all the options in the seat have crapped out. Would anyone know if there's a direct fit that would work? I don't mind messing around with the connectors as they are fairly easy to pin. And is the memory module in the seat? Or is it located elsewhere? I've called the dealer and they can't get most of the parts I need to repair the seat. I was actually told I'd have better luck at the wreckers. And it's amazingly hard to find the sandstone color leather seats with full options. Open to any seat suggestions really. As long as it bolts right up.

sounds more like an electrical problem not a seat issue, you should be able to swap out the controls. Have you checked the fuse for the power seat, seems odd to me all the seat options would go at the same time, unless its electrical.

For the seat, I can hear everything try to engage. But it just sits and clicks. I ended up finding the memory module for the seat. Mine was under it and off center a bit. So as far as I can tell everything is getting power. Just no jam to get it moving. And the lumbar support mechanism is totally in the crapper.

Back