• Register Today It's free!

shock and add a leaf swap?

sirforrest

Reaction score
City, State
columbus,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT @ 95 eb 4x4
my 95 door 4x4 shocks are gone and rear is sagging. on my 93 xlt 4 door 4x4 i just had a 2 inch lift installed before my tranny seal went down. Wondering if i can use my skyjacker shocks and rear add a leafs on the 95??i figure the shocks should work, any thoughts? thanks alot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They will fit just fine.

thats great, hope it isnt too much work to swap, im a rookie at this ,but i sure will try. is it dangerous? do you think she will sit even and maybe a little higher? thanks alot for the info, andrew

Here's a writeup on how to change the shocks on a 2nd gen Explorer.
We have a forum Called "Useful Threads" that you should get aquainted with. It has alot of "useful" information on how to do things. Check it out.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63697

The add-a-leaf shouldn't be a problem as you aren't replacing anything, but adding the add-a-leaf. I've never used an add-a-leaf, but I would think that you would have to jack the truck up high enough to take the load off the rear springs, then bolt the add-a-leafs on.

i was happy to hear the skyjacker shocks would work , i figured if i could use the add a leafs from the lift kit too while ill be in the area. im hoping i can getter done without too many problems in a weekend ,hopefully a day.lol. i am getting good with all the other catagories also i definately brouse the site and am finding usefule threads is full of info. i will be a member soon as possible.great site thanks again

Back