bigred4x4

Off-road enthusiast
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
chesapeake virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt 4x4
I just replaced my rear shocks with Monroe sensa track load level coil overs and so far I love them my rear end was starting to sag and that's why I bought these noticed a height returned to what I had when I first installed my shackles did some dirt/gravel driving driving at 50mph and it was surprisingly smooth so they seem to work great so far! I they replaced standard oem style Monroe shocks ( forget model)after 12 years they where actually still good but sensa tracks where a definite improvement now on to the front I would like to replace those as well and mainly thinking on the the Rancho rs5000 or the kyb monomax mainly due to price otherwise would go straight to bilstein most likely I have a 3" BL, lift shackles,and the load levelers, on 32x11.5 bfg ko's and was thinking about a small TT ~1" or so just to level it out more without changing the stock suspension dynamics to much needs new lower bushings,tires (11 years on those KO's !!!! Mainly only worried about dry rot and blow outs still has tread !)and alignment anyway. Sooooo as far as front shocksWhat would be the adequate choice I got mixed reviews on the Rancho and kyb is it worth the $ for bilsteins?............I drive mainly street with some beach driving in summer and moderate mountain jeep trail riding about once a year plus I haul a few hundred extra pounds of accessories and trail gear at all times and more when I go camping or fishing, or hunting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks I've read this review and had decided on the rs5000 because of it until I saw the kyb shocks for sale anybody have experience with these both rancho rs 5000 and the lube monomax have very mixed reviews for different vehicles some jeep owners like ranchos while Toyota's owners hate them and vice versa with the kyb but as of right now I'm still leaning towards the Rancho shocks

I have a pair of new Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks in my garage somewhere if you want to dig online for reviews of them. I was going to put them on at some point, but never could find a set of rear ones. Ended up putting KYB Gas-A-Justs on. PM me if interested...

Iv heard good things about the edlebrock in the discussions about rancho and Kyb. I was leaning towards the Rancho shocks because I'm planning on a small torsion twist and they are made for that application.

Back