Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!!

naminad

Reaction score
City, State
Guam
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Hey guys, trying to bring back this thread of lifted Sport Tracs. Show some pics of your lift and rims. Ill be posting up my pictures soon, so ill keep you guys updated. Dont be Shy! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool! Heres Mine!

IMG_2015.jpg

What do you guys think of my Project truck!?!
I am only 20 years old and i can say that for someone my age i know how to upgrade the Sport Trac!
Show me what you got!
Bring back the other pictures from previous posts

Looking good! I like the bull bar, you should post up some pics from the front

Looking good! I like the bull bar, you should post up some pics from the front

Thanks man, although there are a few more things i want to add because i am not quite satisfied yet. if you noticed, i asked you on how you connected your fog lights from your previous post and you mentioned you "tapped into your side indicators"
Although, i am looking at getting my fog lights from rock auto, which is one more thing on my list, but i really am undecided with what bed/tonneau cover i want.

Come on ST owners! where are your lifted ST's!!

please bring up this thread again.
I am asking fellow sport trac owners to show off your lifted tracs!
competition :)

07- SKYNET ST V84x4_Limited_black 5"total lift +/-

I love this truck. Its 07 I bought in 2013 with under 25k miles on it. Limited with the 4x4 push button on the dash. too cool.

I had it about 3 month before lifting and putting 33.03 Nittos grapplers on 15" American outlaw rims. They are lightweight and have been durable. ABSOLUTLEY no rubbing in ANY direction. Also added some Sport trac decals along the hood, blacked out the mirrors and top rails. Plan to do the bottom rails and grill soon.

Runs like a top down the highway at 80 - low road noise and bounce from these tires. I recommend them.

SkynetSTraised.jpg

07ST_W_3lift_32wheels_Side.jpg

i agree with Floffroad as well, but those tires are really big, dont they rub?
i for one have 265/70/17 and i still had to cut a little of my inner fender

Hello my fellow friends, this is just an update of my Sport Trac, i still want to see what all you guys got! I am planning to buy myself a bed cover as well, but anyway let me know what you think of my Beautiful Beast!

IMG_2788.jpg

no rubbing. running -35 offset and 17x8 wheels with 285/70R17, everything clears perfect with the 2.5" Truxxx spacers. I had one area where the lugs would rub lightly at full lock but I trimmed about 1.5" up and straight across my front inner fender. the tires measure exactly 33" tall mounted.

Just a quick stop and help, but i am looking at getting new rims for the trac and im not too sure about the offset? you said you had 285/70/17 tires with an 8" wide wheel...but i am running 265/70/17 with -12 offset and a 9 inch wide wheel and i had some rubbing? why doesnt yours rub with the -35 offset? isnt that dangerous with the handling?

HELP HELP HELP
i have a lifted sport trac as you can see by my thread, but i had to do some fender cutting with the tires i have on with rims 265/70/17 with a 9 inch wide wheel and a -12 offset. Another Sport Trac owner is rrunning 285/70/17 with a -35 offset on a 8 inch wide wheel, im confuse to why he did not do any trimming and why he had no rubbing...!!

HELP HELP HELP
i have a lifted sport trac as you can see by my thread, but i had to do some fender cutting with the tires i have on with rims 265/70/17 with a 9 inch wide wheel and a -12 offset. Another Sport Trac owner is rrunning 285/70/17 with a -35 offset on a 8 inch wide wheel, im confuse to why he did not do any trimming and why he had no rubbing...!!

Because he didn't go with an offset that is way to close to center for the sport trac. Min offset is a -25 to a max of -45. I run a -25 boss on my summers and a factory -45 on my winters. an 8 inch rim would have another half inch of clearance as well. Your -12 mm offset with a 9 inch rim is closer to 0mm offset on an 8 inch rim. Also your rims will be messing with the geometry of the suspension. I hope you have upgraded control arms.

Because he didn't go with an offset that is way to close to center for the sport trac. Min offset is a -25 to a max of -45. I run a -25 boss on my summers and a factory -45 on my winters. an 8 inch rim would have another half inch of clearance as well. Your -12 mm offset with a 9 inch rim is closer to 0mm offset on an 8 inch rim. Also your rims will be messing with the geometry of the suspension. I hope you have upgraded control arms.

oh okay! so the more the offset, the better for my truck? im kind of set of 9 inch wide wheels, but they only run in -12 for my research...what wheels do you recommend then and no i have not upgraded my control arms...i dont know where to get aftermarkets?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh okay! so the more the offset, the better for my truck? im kind of set of 9 inch wide wheels, but they only run in -12 for my research...what wheels do you recommend then and no i have not upgraded my control arms...i dont know where to get aftermarkets?

As for wheels, doesn't relay matter, but I would keep it within spec if it were me. As for upgraded control arms, Moog makes a real solid unit. I would wait until they fail and go with the Moog ones myself.

Back