Show off your Wheels | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your Wheels

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just painted my stock rims thursday,came out pretty good,hope it last.
(dead links)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

(dead links)
my moms rangers new wheels

not the best but they are remington mud bruts on stck wheels
Photo11291427_1.jpg

Photo11291427_2.jpg

Photo11291425_1.jpg

Show me your wheels

Can somebody post pics of how far your tire sticks out with 15x8 rim, 4" backspacing, -13mm offset with 33/12.50s? Just got my cragar black soft 8's :) picking up 33s tomorrow.

(dead links)

Thanks. I want to see how it looks on a 2nd gen exploder to lol

any explorers?

07 Saleen wheels. 275/35/20 needs to be dropped ;)

(dead links)

Looks good JTSi, maybe add 1-1.25" wheel spacers to make them stick out alittle.

Looks good JTSi, maybe add 1-1.25" wheel spacers to make them stick out alittle.

thats exactly what i want to do, just have to find some good ones. any suggestions?

I bought mine from ebay, I have 1.5" spacers I ran when I had my 16" stockers on with 285/75's but since I switched to 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 Cragars with 4" b.s. I don't need them.

People say to get hub centric spacers but I ran mine (not hub centric) for over two years with no problems, just when you tighten the lug nuts on the spacers to the studs loosely tighten them and make sure it's centered (easier then it sounds, you can tell) and tighten all them down then mount the wheels and tihen them down like normal.

explr1 - tell me those aren't unilugs!

This is an oldie but a goodie...

Now it's all dropped and some say it looks better... other say it looked better like this. Can't please them all. If I knew I wouldn't have any front end problems, steering issues and got better gas mileage, I'd left it lifted.

:thumbsup:Lol i like it lifted!! :thumbsup:

Its amazing how wheels have changed. WHen i made this 20's were very rare. Now everyone has 20's and 15's are getting rare!

Yeah, I was talking with one of my teachers and he was surprised that I only had 15" rims and he didn't believe me at first; he was convinced I had 17"s.

Speaking of that teacher, he recommended me to guy who does powdercoating, so now my rims are a nice semi-gloss black. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow.
They are this style:
tn_full_mrp-stock_explorer_rims_with_tires_200.jpg

They look pretty good I think with the semi gloss and the chrome center caps! :)

winterized

EAs wrapped in DuraTracs A/Ts
007-1.jpg

0052.jpg

my 26s......
(dead links)

Nice Ex man.

41c17415.jpg

My wheels. Stock rims powdercoated a nice semi gloss black. Soon I'm gonna get the tires flipped so that the black lettering is on the outside. That was the original plan, but somehow there was a miscommunication and the people mounting the tires forgot to do that. Everything else was right though :)

MickeyThompson Classic II's 15x10 on a 32x11.50 Maxxis Bighorns
explorer005-3.jpg

ohh boy, here we go....lol
Mustang Cobra R 17x9, 245/65r17 (painted with rattle can bedliner)
DSC08412.jpg
IMAG0456.jpg

MB Chaos 5 17x8.5, 285/70r17
DSC02604.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

MB bruzer 20x8.5, 275/60r20
100_0669.jpg

100_0671.jpg

Back