Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

brandon

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 ranger
show us your custom bumpers!!(i need ideas for mine i am going to make)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not from an Explorer, but I made these. The style could be adapted pretty easily to fit an X. Doug and I have been looking at making a similar set for his Explorer, but making the rear bumper double as an air tank, and adding a swing-away tire carrier to it.

Here's the front in "kit form :)
4156bumper1.jpg

Here's the finished product:
4156bumper2.jpg

4156bumper3.jpg

Here's the rear bumper:
4156newwheel2.jpg

Here is mine that I made for my 91 Explorer:

Bumper-Winch1.JPG

m_DSC06469.jpg

It is made for a winch but I use a multi mount for the time being.

Here is more info and pics: CLICK

And my rear bumper with swingout tire carrier that I made, details HERE-

Attachments

• m_DSC06470.JPG
    m_DSC06470.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 30,323
Last edited:

heres mine...at most current state...

Attachments

• josh1-small.jpg
    josh1-small.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 43,248

I posted this one several times already... looking for someone to duplicate:
496Explorer_bumper.jpg

bought it overseas... just got it. It should be on my truck by the end of this weekend.
:D

front fiber.jpg
James Duff Winch Bumper

Still in primer

hey chad, would you consider making me a bumper just like yours for my truck, I love it

sas side front.jpg
Here is mine, It's not bulky at all since I've got a 3" body lift, the frame rails are at the very bottom of the bumper. The winch is on a slider and actually sits in the same cradle as Brian1's with the handles cut off. I am currently building a removeable light bar that will use the same power from the winch and will hold 3 lights on a slide-out when the winch is not in place. It's 3/16" steel reinforced with 2" square tubing in the center section.

what gauge/thickness are most of you using for your bumpers, I'm getting ready to build mine and I was thinking 10 gauge for the front skin, 3/16" for the top and bottom plates, and 1/4" for the winch mount area/frame mounts

i wouldnt mind getting some feed-back/opinions on what to use and why

I used all 3/16" HR steel for my rear brackets. I haven't had a problem at all with it, and I've had my dirtbike on the back for 500-1000miles so far, and gotten pulled out a few times by it :eek:

Here is mine, totally custom... :rolleyes:

1600flexthaven.jpg

Last edited:

chuxstang said:
do they make a bumper like this for the 91-94 X...

Its possible to make something sorta like that, but you cant really use a skid plate on a 91-94 due to the TTB + steering :( (least I'm pretty sure it wouldnt work)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok... I may be wrong :p but without a suspension lift I dont know if it will clear....

Back