Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

bumper.jpg
I found this while searching some oooold threads the other night. Thought it was good inspiration. It's either JoshC or TravisC's Explorer build by CoryL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was mine. Oh the memories you just brought up! That was awesome bumper. I added tow hooks to each side and a winch mount in the middle.

Look how much metal was on your Explorer! :D

wow man that thing is awesome!

Wow lots of ideas out there, Thought I would post up the ones on my ranger as well as a few I have built for other rigs;
P1070557.jpg

P1070635.jpg

The rear while installing the new lights & winch
P1070763.jpg

The old rear before the complete back make over
l_ccba1d310f1215979ec76af2489189a1.jpg

A 95 Bronco I did
P1050595.jpg

A Toyota FJ rear bumper we did
P1070807.jpg

One we did on a Monster Burban
P1080095.jpg

Primer ran due to too cold temp by the time we finished it up
P1080104.jpg

Monster Burban's truck is huge i want to see it in person one day. Great work Sean

I have the rear winch mount on top of the old spare tire carrier mount which is reinforced and the license plate is mounted on the driverside of the bumper so the fairlead is where the plate is in that picture and I use the remote control to operate it.

Monster Burban's truck is huge i want to see it in person one day. Great work Sean

Yeah that thing is huge and it is a blast to drive and it does take sometime to get use to the way it handles.

Bumper I built a couple months ago. Bumper is 1/4", Tubing is 1/8".

d70c43fd.jpg

db40fd2d.jpg

riceburners bumper looks great in person.

OK, all this inspiration has got me ready to fab up my own front bumper. The problem is, I am planning on doing a 3" body lift in the near future. So should I go ahead and make the bumper and not worry about the gap, or wait until after the lift to make it?
Thanks,
Kendal

Do the lift first...
You will be able to make much stronger mounts that way. and why would you want to modify the bumper twice. Just install the lift and then worry about adding your bumper to match the gap.

Yeah, that's what I want to do, but I have the materials now to do the bumper, but I can't afford a lift atm. I guess I will just have to wait on the bumper and start on my safari rack! Also, two more things and i will let y'all get back to pics:
1. Why are there so few gen 3 Explorers with bumpers? I didn't know if there was a reason or if nobody has just gotten around to it yet, or what.

2. I am a little confused on how the structure of these bumpers works. I have 3 things in mind for mine, I want a receiver in the middle, d-rings on each side, and a winch mounted on top a lot like riceburner did with a receiver below the winch there. Either that, or just the receiver and d-rings and I will mount the winch on a plate or something to put on the receiver. Later, I might go back and add tubing for a grill guard and two foglights on top, but not atm. So the question is how to build it. I have some c-beams left over from a building project I recently did but I dont think they are strong enough. So what I thought was make a cube frame from inside of headlight to inside of headlight and from bottom of grill down to wherever, out of really high strength stuff, and build the sides/fenders out of the c-beams, to make a skeleton, then cover it with plates. Is that how you guys do it or what?

Yeah, that's what I want to do, but I have the materials now to do the bumper, but I can't afford a lift atm. I guess I will just have to wait on the bumper and start on my safari rack! Also, two more things and i will let y'all get back to pics:
1. Why are there so few gen 3 Explorers with bumpers? I didn't know if there was a reason or if nobody has just gotten around to it yet, or what.

2. I am a little confused on how the structure of these bumpers works. I have 3 things in mind for mine, I want a receiver in the middle, d-rings on each side, and a winch mounted on top a lot like riceburner did with a receiver below the winch there. Either that, or just the receiver and d-rings and I will mount the winch on a plate or something to put on the receiver. Later, I might go back and add tubing for a grill guard and two foglights on top, but not atm. So the question is how to build it. I have some c-beams left over from a building project I recently did but I dont think they are strong enough. So what I thought was make a cube frame from inside of headlight to inside of headlight and from bottom of grill down to wherever, out of really high strength stuff, and build the sides/fenders out of the c-beams, to make a skeleton, then cover it with plates. Is that how you guys do it or what?
1) Cauz few 3rd gens off road (per this thread).

Don't forget this is a picture thread...

Here is mine almost finished:
facht06.jpg

facht02.jpg

1.75" with a little 1.5" on the bottom sides. Still have to weld on the shackle mounts and maybe some other attachments.

Thanks, Iz, I figured that was why...

Resume.

My question to section 525... Why do u have a bumper sticker that says support organic farmers? It made me chuckle a little.

My question to section 525... Why do u have a bumper sticker that says support organic farmers? It made me chuckle a little.
Question is: why dont you?! :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha I'm going to get the "my lug nuts have more torque than your ricer does" and i so wish i had it on there 2 nights ago. i was sitting at sonic with the lady and like 10-15 ricers pull up around me. No joke. That would have been so freakin funny!

Back