Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, I'm almost there with mine... right now it looks like something from death race because im in the process of putting the steel plates on. I should have a pic posted by the end of the week.

Pictures or it didn't happen, LOL. Can't wait to see.

I built this for my buddies WJ:

SSPX0006.jpg

And this for the rear of my 01 Sport (nevermind the Ranger tailgate lol):

CIMG0072.jpg

Before-
cc0337f0.jpg

After- 3/8 steel feel bad for the ricer the rides my ass :p
828d5a2e.jpg

5ebcb4b3.jpg

cb96eb77.jpg

828d5a2e.jpg

Unfinished but done until I can budget some more steel plate.

img3059fm.jpg

I used quarter inch 2x2 square tubing to frame it and 3/16 steel to plate it. I did score a cheap grille guard from a buddy of mine that I will be cutting down the uprights to weld in this week.

img3060v.jpg

Thanks Midnightrebel07, I got some more plate on there this weekend and started fabricating some uprights from a silverado grille guard. I just hope it will be Zombie resistant when im finished...

Looks good. I just bought a welder so by next winter/ sping I'll hopefully have sliders, bumpers and skid plates designed and wleded up on my rig.

My contribution. Front is homemade, rear is a smittybilt double tube for now. Appairently I don't have a pic of the rear on the truck so I'll have to take one. The front bumper is based off of a front receiver that I turned upside down and put between the frame rails. It then has a piece of either 6 or 8 inch c channel, dont recall off the top of my head, mounted to 2 of the original bumper mount holes and a bracket welded to the hitch. The pic of the bumper has a test fit, so the bumper and the light bar are both a little crooked in the pic.
018.jpg

398.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Here's my rlc front with smittybilt 10k winch
450A89D1-orig.jpg

10E883FB-orig.jpg

933809C6-orig.jpg

^^^^Awesome^^^^

:thumbsup:

Here's what I had. I always liked the fact that it bolted to the factory location.
A member here ended up with it. I'd like to see how it worked out.
DSC00382.jpg

SAM_0809.jpg
Bumper and winch done

Well, pretty much done. I have a couple lights to install yet.

Well, pretty much done. I have a couple lights to install yet.

beautiful fit!...wish 2nd gen bumpers fit the wheelwell opening like that!

Just following along...

Not to change the subject, but what size tires are you using and what size rim. Offset ans width. Those are what I am looking for. Love the bumper as well. Wish I had the skills to do my own.

They are 15x8 with 3.5"s of backspacing and 33x10.5s. I liked them on my ranger but found them a little skinny in mud with a heavier explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back