Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

It's an old pic. There is a Warn xd9000 in there now. I decided to go with one bar instead of two to save ground clearance. I even removed the piece of sheetmetal that normally runs underneath the grill and headlights so I could gain another inch or so of ground clearance. It's plenty strong enough to take abuse with one tube if you use some nice thick-walled tubing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, I have to sand it and paint it, also, I'm going to add some sides to it. It's not done, just on there.

i figured, but it's so true :D

My first welding project: Rear bumper (not completely finished.)
406683_212_full.jpg

I plan on adding some aluminum diamond plate to the top, chopping off the side skirts that hold the mud flaps and extending the sides on the bumper. Also I will be adding some D-rings and possibly a tow package.

Well Im guessing a Cherokee front bumper fits ok with slight mods???? any feedback on that?

sawdust123 said:
Well Im guessing a Cherokee front bumper fits ok with slight mods???? any feedback on that?

Mine is off a cherokee, and the mods were not small. Had to trim about 6 inches off the frame and make new mounts.

I guss I should Update my pics :rolleyes:
12287jack.jpg

12287updated_rear.jpg

12287open.jpg

nice, very nice. Your truck gets better and better every day....makes me wish i lived in the desert :(

100_0722.JPG
Heres mine.. (even though my thread is right below this one)..

slravene said:
nice, very nice. Your truck gets better and better every day....makes me wish i lived in the desert :(
thanks Lee, there arent any deserts in NC???? j/k probably the closest thing to sand dunes for you would be the obx, i would always have a blast racing around with my friend in his f150 on the beach out there a couple years ago. other than that looks like your desertless :(

yea...i dont think i can get enough speed to jump off the hills in the woods..well i might could, but all the tress might make things a bit hard.

just build a bigger and burlier bumper and youll have no problem plowing through those trees airborne :thumbsup: :D

hey cdsl227, where did u get your bumper? i know u said its a trail ready but i have been searchin around the net for a similar front bumper like yours, i know ARB doesnt make one of my explorer but urs is the exact look and style of bumper i am goin for, i figured i was gonna get my guy who works on my truck with me to custom make me one but if theres one already out there that looks like yours and will fit my explorer just as good ill go with that, any input would be most appreciated, thanks

-Steve

that trail ready bumper is no longer in production

My first try at a rear bumper with tire carrier

2287P1010187-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is one good looking bumper. Can't tell from pic, but wonder how far does that tire stick out. Reason for asking, I'm wondering if there should be a diagonal pipe from bottom of vertical pipe to plate for further strength. There could be a lot of stress on the bend of the vertical pipe thats under the inverted V. Josh, I think you were holding back about your fab skills. When are you going to make some for others?

Back