Shuddering at low speed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shuddering at low speed

Tsuga

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013, Explorer, Sport
Hello all,
We recently purchased a CPO 2013 Explorer Sport. We had to bring it back in to the dealer for a chirpy belt a few weeks ago. When we brought the vehicle in for the belt, we also mentioned to them that when I took the foot off the accelerator at 30km/h or 19mph, there is a slight shutter or pull back. They checked and noticed what I had mentioned, but they said that this is typical where the gear does not shift at this speed.

Other than that, we don't have any other issues. It drives great on the highway and on normal road speeds.

We have about ten months left on our 12 month warranty. I was wondering if I should get a second opinion from a transmission shop or do others Explorer Sport owners experience the same thing.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, its not normal. It should be smooth. Make sure they check brake pads, calipers and rotors.

No, its not normal. It should be smooth. Make sure they check brake pads, calipers and rotors.
I never thought of the braking system as, I did not touch the brake pedal when I took my foot of the accelerator.

I never thought of the braking system as, I did not touch the brake pedal when I took my foot of the accelerator.
There's a TSB or recall for your MY that had brake dragging issues.

I am taking it in to another dealership next Wednesday to have a second opinion on it.

Yeah, you don't need to touch a brake pedal. I had a 2014 xlt before and while cruising or not touching any pedals after accelerating, it had pull backs and seemed like brake pads or something was pressing on routers or calibers, but it did not happen each time so it was hard to replicate. I cant remember what they changed as I just got the car and it happened within a few weeks of leasing it, but it was parts of a breaking system.

Yeah, you don't need to touch a brake pedal. I had a 2014 xlt before and while cruising or not touching any pedals after accelerating, it had pull backs and seemed like brake pads or something was pressing on routers or calibers, but it did not happen each time so it was hard to replicate. I cant remember what they changed as I just got the car and it happened within a few weeks of leasing it, but it was parts of a breaking system.
The issue was resolved?

Back