1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

signal flasher/relay 6 pins

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by darrengj, March 23, 2008.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. darrengj

darrengj New Member

City, State:
      groveport, oh
      Year and Model:
      1998 Explorer XLT 4X4
      I am trying to find a replacement flasher/relay for my turn signals. I have already replaced the mfs and now my signals are stopping intermittently. I tap the relay when this occurs and the signals start up again, so I am 95% sure the relay is the problem.

I have removed the relay that is yellow with Ford Part number F67B-13350-AA and 7240B printed on the side. It has 6 pins, 5 are numbered and 1 is not numbered and much smaller.

I have a "replacement" from Advance Auto that is Tridon Stant model EP27 with 5 pins in the same configuration as the original with the exception of the smaller pin.

I have not replaced the old with the EP27 yet. My question is, any ideas what the little 6th pin is there for? The parts counter said that my flasher is most likely for the trailering package and is heavy duty.

Since it is Sunday and the Dealer is closed, I have no way to contact a Ford parts guy to tell me if the Ford replacement has 6 pins.

Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. nevr1zenuf

nevr1zenuf New Member

City, State:
      wellington,ohio in the northeast
      Year and Model:
      '96 E.B. 4wd
      You ever figure anything out on that? I got the same prob.

4. gonenuke

gonenuke Active Member

City, State:
      Virginia
      Year and Model:
      1999 Explorer XLT SOHC
      Hope he got it fixed in the last 4 years. :D