Silver lake Michigan,this fall? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silver lake Michigan,this fall?

Hotels near Silver Lake?

I'm thinking of getting a room instead of camping. Does anyone know of any hotels near the dune run?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm staying at the budget hotel on 4133 W Polk rd in Hart, Mi. 231-873-1855. They are dirt cheap for the rooms and it's only 2 years old 10 minutes from the dunes.

I may not get my 4wd working by then, so i might use my dads truck. but im getting travis' flag so if someone dont got one they might be able to use his if i dont take mine in

oh oh oh can i get his flag??!! lol

Okay, I have been putting this off for a while, but the date is comming up pretty soon, so I will put my long and detailed post here :D

Rules of the Dunes:
-You will need working 4x4.
-A safe tow point is recomended, such as a frame mounted hitch. This makes it a lot easier to get ya out if you get stuck. Bumpers work okay, but tend to bend really easy, so if you dont want a bent bumper, get a hitch.
-Tow strap
-Air gauges, both a high pressure and low pressure. If you dont have a low pressure, i'm sure someone else will.
-Dune Flag, If you dont have one, you can purchase one there for $25 with the bracket.
-CB Radio, not a must have, but if you want to talk to everyone else, and see what we are doing, its is recomended. WE WILL BE USING CHANNEL 10, because thats the one we used last time
-Michigan State park sticker, its like $4 per day or $20 for an all year pass
-Michigan ORV sticker, its like less than $20
I think thats about all ya really need, a shovel can help if you really get burried, I will try to bring one.

I take it we are not having a BBQ since it hasnt been mentioned, so everyone bring ur own food/pop. There is no alcohol in the park, im not sure how much they enforce it.

As far as I know, the duned open at 9am and close at 10pm. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

If you need a campground or hotel, look up the thread from the April runs, somewhere someone mentioned a bunch of them. There are several campgrounds that im sure will have vacancy.

FOR PEOPLE COMING UP FRIDAY NIGHT:
I will be having a bonfire at my cottage on the beach. My cottage is about 5 minutes from the dunes, Ill post directions maybe tomorrow. I will be there about 7pm Friday night, so the fire will be about 9.

FOR EVERYBODY ATTENDING:
Saturday morning, we will meet at the Craigs Crusier's parking lot that is right downtown Silver Lake at 9am and then will be heading towards the dunes as soon as a good group has shown up, probably between 9:15 and 9:30. I dont know if there will be a line or not this time, I dont think they are using the vouchers anymore this season, but we will have to wait and see.

You can try to get ahold of me if you have any problems, my cell number is (616)262-8887, it doesnt get great service but sometimes works.

Okay, any more last minute questions, let us know!

For anyone coming from the south and wanting to meet at my school to caravan up, I'll be leaving here at 8am. I'll be out there waiting at 7:45. Thisway we will get up there by 9. IM me or e-mail me at TravisN2001@hotmail.com if you plan to meet here near Grand Rapids.
Thanks

Just an FYI for anyone interested... F15world.Fordtruckworld is having a run the following weekend of the 18th. Anyone that can;t make it this weekend is more than welcome to join us the week after... That's also a reason I can't make it this weekend... I hafta work this weekend to pay for next weekend. :(

Oh, well.. maybe one day I'll be able to make it out ther with y'all....

-Joe-

Double Post... dought!

Looking at the DNR site, vouchers are not used again until spring. The ORV permits are $16.25 (like Vairking said, under $20).

This is my first time to the dunes, so I was wondering about the flags--they have a bracket, but how does it mount? Just wondering about bringing the drill and some slef-tapping screws for mounting it, if that is needed. If anyone has a pic, that would be great.

the guys there at the shop usually find existing holes to mount the flag and if you have a front tow hook or tow loop they will most likely clamp it on there. all you need is the tools to gighten the bolts..they sell everythign else

Hey Vairking where exactly is craig cruiser's? Is there an address you can give me or somewhere right next to it so I can look it up on mapquest?

Thanks 95! I won't be concerned about it then. One more question, is that something I should try to get before Saturday morning?

Nah don't worry about it. Whoa sweet, you got a 02 ranger, thats gonna be sweet!

Okay, Craigs crusiers is right in the heart of Silver lake, you cant really miss it. Its right on the main drag. The address for it is

8239 W Hazel Rd.
Mears, MI

If 9 am is too early for you guys, let me know and we can push it back a bit.

Can't make it this time....will be there next Spring though.

We will take care of flags that morning unless some of you guys will be up there friday night.

Also for any guys meeting me here in Allendale to drive up as a group...let me know. I plan to leave here at 9:30...thatway the guys from detroit or chicago don;t have to wake up at crazy hours of the morning. My group will meet up with the other guys on the dunes. I have a CB and will just let them know where we are once we get there. My school is right between I-96, I-196, and we have 31 off to the west. We are west of Grand Rapids about 15 mins. please e-mail or IM me if you want to meet up with us saturday morning. We will leave shortly after 9:30 so please be here on time or early.

Also...what are we doing for grub? Is there going to be a cookout like last year or are we just going ot invade the local McD's?

I dont think we are going to have a BBQ. I will probably just bring a couple sandwiches for myself, or if we wanna hit up Mckydees or something, I dont really care...

Isn't it going to be kind of chilly to be bbq'ing anyways?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, last year we threw some burgers on, but I don;t know if this year we have as large of a crew....McD's would be easiest anyways.

Back