Sloped body lift + SOA successful | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sloped body lift + SOA successful

for some reason i unbolted all of my body mounts to put on 3" lift blocks but my body wouldn't come off the frame anybody know why????

There are ten mounts, how many did you remove?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

never mind finished it add picks soon

Nick or anyone else who's done this.
I am gathering parts and getting ready for this and i am wondering if you had to extend your rear brake line at all. I have a friend who will be doing most of the work (haha) and he says i will definately need a new rear line to the passenger side. Looks like it does and i am just trying to veify!?

I currently don't have the steering extension and i am going to try and make it work without it unless someone has one they didnt use and want to pass it my way!?

Thanks for your help!

Nick or anyone else who's done this.
I am gathering parts and getting ready for this and i am wondering if you had to extend your rear brake line at all. I have a friend who will be doing most of the work (haha) and he says i will definately need a new rear line to the passenger side. Looks like it does and i am just trying to veify!?

I currently don't have the steering extension and i am going to try and make it work without it unless someone has one they didnt use and want to pass it my way!?

Thanks for your help!

No you do not need to extend the rear brake line, there is a metal bracket that holds the connection from the hard line to the soft line and it sticks out from the frame about 6 inches, you can very carefully bend this bracket straight down and you will get plenty of slack on the brake line.

this picture shows how much slack the brake line has at full droop. you can't see the bracket here because it is blocked by the exhaust pipe (I have dual exhaust). There is plenty of slack, it's almost like ford made that bracket like that on purpose for this reason.

Attachments

• slide-img_1508.jpg-1121915101.jpg
    slide-img_1508.jpg-1121915101.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,268

so nick.... were are these so called flex pictures everyone has been waitin for. just drive up on you neighbors car already and snap a couple photos. he wont even notice. well except for the huge track your gonna leave on his hood but hey that's what they invented touch up paint for. lol

so did you have a driveshaft custom made for you or what?

nope the factory driveshaft worked fine when I moved the axle forward an inch by using the back hole on the perch.

Im debating on doing this...I remember reading something on here that you or someone else lost 5th gear possibly due to the rake of the vehicle. Is that true?

Im debating on doing this...I remember reading something on here that you or someone else lost 5th gear possibly due to the rake of the vehicle. Is that true?

That was me, but the more I thought about it, the less I think that had anything to do with it. The rake was only 3 inches, i think it had more to do with all the highway miles i was putting on the truck with heavy 32" tires, plus i was probably running low on tranny fluid. Anyway i have a 5spd, I assume you have an automatic if you have the SOHC. Automatics are totally different inside.

hmmm yeah it's a auto. I cant decide if I want to do this or not. I just hate the frame and everything hanging down so low...It's ugly! Do you like this set up better than the 3BL?

hmmm yeah it's a auto. I cant decide if I want to do this or not. I just hate the frame and everything hanging down so low...It's ugly! Do you like this set up better than the 3BL?

yeah of course, there is way more ground clearance. I'm in the process of doing this lift to my second truck.

did you put bump stops on after removing the overload spring?

no, since the axle used to be on top there is plenty of room above it to the old bump stops.

no, since the axle used to be on top there is plenty of room above it to the old bump stops.

Cool:thumbsup: Ill let you know how it goes. I got everything ready....just waiting on the perches.

I got the sloped body lift completed without a problem but after seeing it completed 5.5" of lift in the rear is going to be wayyyyyy too much so im going to be ordering 3" lift leaf springs from customsuspension.com, put them on with my warriors and it should level out nicely...Im just happy my frame isnt hanging down anymore.

I got the sloped body lift completed without a problem but after seeing it completed 5.5" of lift in the rear is going to be wayyyyyy too much so im going to be ordering 3" lift leaf springs from customsuspension.com, put them on with my warriors and it should level out nicely...Im just happy my frame isnt hanging down anymore.

if you crank up the torsion bars 2 inches in and go back to the stock shackles then the height should be just about perfect. If that's not good enough then just remove the overload spring and it will be.

They're already cranked up, you don't have a more recent picture of your rig with the overload removed do you?

They're already cranked up, you don't have a more recent picture of your rig with the overload removed do you?

yep, here

Attachments

• slide-IMG_1635.JPG-1240706357.jpg
    slide-IMG_1635.JPG-1240706357.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 32,072
  • slide-IMG_1636.JPG-1240706358.jpg
    slide-IMG_1636.JPG-1240706358.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,287

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow thats perfect:thumbsup:

Edit: After seeing a more recent picture of yours Ive decided to go ahead and go for it. I canceld the order on the weld on perches and went over to my local 4 wheel parts and orderd the superlift SOA kit so I can keep my sway bar...It will be there friday. Thanks again.

Back