SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

by the way I orderd the lockrite It seems to be the same as the aussie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well rausch is great and all but for smaller trucks like ours i prefer wharton =] (btw t-case going in atm and fightin the whole way)

realy huh, that must mean its ruff sounds good too me

just to prove im not dead. havent really had much to report, no projects or anything as the summer heat and work have been so brutal. been doin alot of the local cruse nights with munk, but thats about it

0807101222.jpg

a few minor maintenece things today, alternator was startin to go so i swaped one in. its nice to not have flickering lights at idle

also found and fixed the vacume leak i didnt know i had

pulled all the weeds that grew between the crack at the bottom of both garage doors while i was down there too...

also for anyone who dosnt know i have this weird obsesion with airsoft guns and replica kit. used munk as a photo back drop recently so i figure i can share that here as well since its kinda related

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

i've seen that gun before =o

when? i didnt have it at carlisle or at wharton...

haha at a store =p i didnt mean that exact gun just one like it

i hate to say it, but theres been enough work done to that that you prolly only saw somethin close. it came with the SIR system on the front, stock, grip, mags and flashider, and sling mount were all changed. ACOG was added, batteries were upgraded.

could use a new hop and tight-bore inner barrel. not as accurate as it could be but it has pretty good groupings and about 400 FPS for what i have into it

covered some ground today. got to get all the emisions stuff and whaterver switched from the 91 block to the 94 block. id say i got it about half way to goin in. also took some more stuff out of the hole to make getin it in easier.

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01840.jpg
stik wing didnt kno you were into r/c planes

stik wing didnt kno you were into r/c planes

i havent flown anything in years. i hung on to my stick, sporster and an unbuilt cub kit

yea i have a few electrics and a couple helis havent flown much lately , been too busy with work n the ex

r/c is kinda frowned upon around here... people claim your gonna desroy their house and kill their family, and that was 10 years ago.

i could only imagine now

Ive seen some planes flying at the top of the turnpike around exit 71 or 72 near route 46

Ever thought of dropping a SOHC in your first gen? The HP gains would be substantial.

Ive seen some planes flying at the top of the turnpike around exit 71 or 72 near route 46

that was at the old overpec park i beleive, i think they closed that one down when they made the new park

Ever thought of dropping a SOHC in your first gen? The HP gains would be substantial.

cant say i have, the OHV has been a pretty good motor to me, and she seemt to have adequate power to get her byif i was gonna swap a soc id swap a 302 or a 300 inline 6, but anything with more power the rest of the truck would need some attention as well to take it

doo 300 =p

yea, but the ohv works, and i have another one of those... i gotta blow 2 more motors before i need to look for somethin

A 300 straight 6 would fit into an Explorer? I never knew that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

someone did(/is doing?) one into a b2....m threads on here somewhere

Back