Spas got BULLITTS >:D | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spas got BULLITTS >:D

Hey, gang! Bet you were expecting to see pics of my new 2001 GT grey spoke Bullitts, huh? No dice just yet, but since you're already here, maybe you can help me answer a few questions :D

I won them off of a 2001 Gt Mustang on ebay for a ridiculously low price (They're used, but I won't tell you how much I paid because there might be a few jealous 'bullitts' launched at my head, lol) They're 17x8 and I need to hunt down some sporty tires for them. It'll be three weeks before I can post pics for everybody to see, and for that I'm sorry, but it gives me a few weeks to get everything together to get them on the truck. On to the HELP ME PLEASE section:

1) Am I gonna need spacers? My truck's only dropped an inch up front

2) Is this going to mess up my speedo?

3) I need to get stick on wheel weights, and put them inSIDE the rims to keep it clean looking, right?
This one's probably the most important:

4) What tires should I get? I need good snow, water, and mud traction, with sporty handling. I also want to keep the overall TIRE size as close to the 255/70 that I have now..by that I mean that I want a good bit of sidewall (I hate the idea of low profile tires on my ride with all that wheelwell space) Michelin? Pirelli? What???

5) Any stress on steering, suspension, or other components that I should be worried about?

6) How much do you think book value is on my premium factory rims with goodyear ATS's (that still have 80% of their tread left)? They're in pretty decent shape for 4 year old rims...

Thanks guys, you all are priceless when it comes to helping out fellow Explorians!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 99+ Cobras come with a black center cap that says "SVT". Measure your cap and then go to the dealer and see if they are the same size. Here is a link to what the center cap looks like.
Dead Link Removed

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Sweet those wheels are pretty cool. At first i thought you got those bullet hole stickers for the truck. I was like oh man. lol

Sweet those wheels are pretty cool. At first i thought you got those bullet hole stickers for the truck. I was like oh man. lol

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no! LMAO If I wanted bullet holes in my truck I'd just shoot it and save myself some money :D SVT, huh? Is there such a thing as plain black center caps? Anybody know of any good wheel locks so they don't get stolen the first night I have them ;) ?

you better have them on by carlisle

Originally posted by Spas
On to the HELP ME PLEASE section:

1) Am I gonna need spacers? My truck's only dropped an inch up front
2) Is this going to mess up my speedo?
3) I need to get stick on wheel weights, and put them inSIDE the rims to keep it clean looking, right?
This one's probably the most important:
4) What tires should I get? I need good snow, water, and mud traction, with sporty handling. I also want to keep the overall TIRE size as close to the 255/70 that I have now..by that I mean that I want a good bit of sidewall (I hate the idea of low profile tires on my ride with all that wheelwell space) Michelin? Pirelli? What???
5) Any stress on steering, suspension, or other components that I should be worried about?
6) How much do you think book value is on my premium factory rims with goodyear ATS's (that still have 80% of their tread left)? They're in pretty decent shape for 4 year old rims...

First off, congrats on your new purchase. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.
1. Since the Bullitt rims are only 17x8 with a 5.72" backspacing you should not need spacers dpending on the tires you run.
2. Speedo accuracy will be based on tire size. Since stock tire size is 30.1 inches in diameter, you might want to choose a tire that is the same diameter if you want accuracy.
3. Clean your rims OFTEN.
4. Pirelli Scorpion Zero SUCK in the snow (I've learned from experience), but they are AWESOME on the street and wet pavement. If speedo accuracy is an issuse I would recommend the following: Bridgestone Dueler H/P 275/60HR17 (29.9 diameter) or Yokohama AVS S/T 275/60VR17 (30.0 diameter)
5. Stress should not be an issuse.
6. Save the old rims. I use them for 4 wheeling and winter use.

If you do not like the Mustang emblem in the center, I will buy them off you. You can replace them with Saleen center caps or what ever you desier. Any SN95 hub centric center emblem should fit.

Hope this helps, just my $0.02.
Goodluck!

As always, thank you Willie-that does help! Any idea where I can find some "SN95 hub centric center emblems" to peruse? (Can't tell I have no idea what that means, huh? lol) I'll give ya the center emblems if you want-I won't have any use for them. Now if they said "GT" on the other hand....:D

pics?

So where's the pics at?

Hey, guys-I'm gonna stick with the 275 height size because of my itty bitty drop, but what width is better? 50 or 60?

Actually 275 is the width and 50 is the sidewall to width ratio= height. 50 will be lower profile and 60 will give you more sidewall.

the 275/50 will be the same height as the stock 235/75/15's. the 275/60 is quite a bit taller than the 275/50. it doesnt look that way on paper, but in real life there is a pretty big difference. my cousin has the 275/60's on a dropped Tahoe, and when i pull up next to him his tires dwarf my 275/50's. IMHO, go with the 275/50's. they fill out the fender wells nicely on a mildly-dropped X.

Brought the rims home yesterday, cleaned the he!! out of them today so they're good to go. I even got a compliment out of Mr.-"sport-trucks-are-stupid" LizardTrac, (who met me for lunch up in NY when I went to pick them up), so you KNOW they're in good shape! In case anybody cares, those Mustang center caps pop out very easily from behind-just pull out the ring inside the tabs and push.

Now to get the tires....I've visited a few places and I'll know tomorrow what I'm getting, depending on who has what ;) Wish me luck! :)

Okay, gang...sorry it took me so long, but here they are!

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,750

nice spas! where are the centercaps?

close up.....that's some big honkin' rubber on there, lol

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,034

welllllll, WillieChu is looking into having some 'GT' center caps made for me, but so far no word :( If anybody has any idea where I could find something with 'gt' or just plain black I'd be VERY grateful!!!

Back