Sport Explorer Towing with factory Tow package | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Explorer Towing with factory Tow package

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
SO yesterday was the first experience I have had using the factory package on my 15 Sport. !
I have to say I never had pulled the cover off the hitch all the time I have owned my truck 22 months now.( I know stupid and trusting ) HOWEVER ... ALL was a perfectly advertised all the connections worked flawlessly.. brake power etc.. ALL PERFECT..

NOW towing thats a different thing.. It towed AMAZINGLY.. well.. 4000 lbs... not a glitch.. perfect just as advertised.. ONE more complete confidence builder in the Ex...

Ford it it very right. !!!!!

THANKS FORD!

I was glad to see the EX Sport offered towing package standard. I plan to use the hitch, but haven't yet. I have pulled the cover just to make sure it all looked good. Glad to hear it tows nice and everything worked well for ya!

absolutely was a must for me to have the factory package with wiring and coolers.. I guess I am getting old a want it engineered and tested. As I understand it the sport comes with also the bigger transaxle which has got to be better for towing. So overall a better option all in all.. Ford did it right under there for sure.

I'd like to try towing with the x sport, but we always have too much stuff when we go somewhere and end up taking my truck.

Back