1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Sport pedal installation?

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by Rob Slade, December 11, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Rob Slade

Rob Slade Active Member

City, State:
      Wake Forest, NC
      Year and Model:
      03 Tacoma DoubleCab
      I just got some Ractive sport pedals. Does anyone know how to install them? They didn't have any instructions.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      Year and Model:
      2008 JK
      Are they the kinda that clamp on with the screw-tightened clamps? If so, just loosed the clamps, position the pedal covers, and tighten. Make sure the pedals still have full movement and don't hang on anything. Also make sure the covers wont move when you slam on the gas or brake (bad!)

They may be the kind that you have to drill into your stock pedals, hope not!

4. Rob Slade

Rob Slade Active Member

City, State:
      Wake Forest, NC
      Year and Model:
      03 Tacoma DoubleCab
      No, they clamp on. I got the brake pedal, but the gas pedal is weird and I don't really know what to do.

5. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      Year and Model:
      2008 JK
      Took me about an hour to figure out the gas pedal. Just work with it and it will go on well eventually. Sorry I can't be of more help.

One thing that helps is lots of light.

6. rpenner54

rpenner54 Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Wichita KS
      Year and Model:
      06 2500 Duramax
      I have these little puppies too. They have been sitting in a bag for a year! I love em cause when your feet are wet they will grip but man they sure wouldn't fit over my pedals. I read later on that you need to take the rubber off the pedals. I will have to give it a try again. If that doesn't work I will just screw em on! :D

7. dejello

dejello perpetually unconcious

City, State:
      College Station, TX
      After a couple of times of it falling off, I ended up drilling the top and bottom rivets out of the gas pedal and screwing it in..