• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Accessories Thread

Redline

Reaction score
City, State
Clifton, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone on here ever done any business with dotcomparts.com? I've never heard of them. The CAI listed is a 77-2573kp. What does the "kp" designate?

its the chrome tube not the black

BIlletandAcrylic makes a set of HVAC Knobs for the 07+ Trac's!

Here are mine:

30095250037_large.jpg

30095250038_medium.jpg

Shot Down! Again and Again!

:mad:
I have been poking around to see what aftermarket options are available for the 4.6L ST and STA's with manufacturers of all different types of parts.

I have made a few phone calls and sent even more emails. Every answer is the same. Sorry, we don't carry anything for your model.

Oh well, its just as good!
Some of the mods I would have done while other's I would like too do but probably would never get around to doing.

Here are two responses. The first from Kenne Bell and the second from Gaylord's bed lids.

Charlie,

We don't have anything for that vehicle. The motor is similar to the 3V Mustang but we've had a couple shops try it and they haven't said whether it works or not and we don't plan on doing anything specifically for that truck ourselves.

TJ Sico
Kenne Bell
Technical Support
TJ@KenneBell.net

ph (909)941-0985
fax (909)944-4883

The 05 is different then the 06 07 and 08. we make them for the 05’s just not the newer body ones.

Kris Stahl

Gaylord's Kustom Truck Lids

(562)529-7543

13538 Excelsior Dr.

Santa Fe Springs,CA

WWW.GAYLORDSLIDS.COM

Sa-weeeet!!

I read somewhere that BBR was going to do a build on an Adrenalin, and apparently they meant it.

Will be watching this thread closely.

If you look on Youtube, BBR has a Red Adrenalin doing a burnout.

While I am a avid dragracer, my Lightning, I realize the Lightning is set up for HP applications. The Adrenalin may have troubles when you push the power over 450hp, or worse raise the torque on components.

While our stock 300lbs of torque is peppy, 400 or even 500lbs will feel as though the truck will come apart.

The engine is perfect, our Frame is plenty rigid enough. Its the 6 speed trans and differential are my concern, not too mention the IRS.

I will have to start looking at the afterparket parts to see is available to strengthen the drivetrain.

I have not seen too many components for our trucks to strengthen everything in the right place.

My final question is putting the power to the ground. Mine is AWD, but these trucks are not lite, the 3.55 gearing is ok but I would love to see 3.73 or 4.10's.

But the big wheel/low profile maybe an issue when looking for a sticky tire.

I have been through much of this with my Lightning, and while I totally support the supercharger and love to see it.

You better also consider components; replacement and/or ways to make them stronger.

Having just left a 400+hp car, I completely concur.

Mine is also an AWD, and the weak areas I see already are BRAKES (badly under-engineered for speed work in a vehicle this heavy) and the AWD components namely diffs and half shafts. My intention is to build a 380-400hp daily driver that looks and sounds good. It is not going to be overly fast at that power level, but will be much more fun than it is today. That should also be manageable for the drivetrain. Brakes need upgraded already so thats a given.

While it would be nice to push further, I'd like to retain drivability and some small measure of fuel economy that will be lost completley with a 4800lb 500hp vehicle. And then every other component needs reviewed as well for durability. I think the original concept's target of 400hp is the perfect match to my intended use of this truck, and honestly what they should have been sold as. Even a little tweak of 325hp for Adrenalins would have made it a more well rounded specialty vehicle. Of course, were that the case, I would now be typing that it needed 375hp to be a more well rounded package... heh heh

I have been through much of this with my Lightning, and while I totally support the supercharger and love to see it.

You better also consider components; replacement and/or ways to make them stronger.

;) Isn't this how it all starts?

I was thinking along these same lines after I read the news that BBR has one in development.

I have no plans on drag racing my daily driver but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a little more hp and plans can change anyway. I feel their 400hp output claim is where this truck should have been from the factory.

That said, Between the $6,200 price tag (for an additional 108 hp) and throwing the warranty out the window, I'm on the fence if I would make the purchase.

I'm just curious if anyone here is seriously considering getting one?

I (think) the trans will hold 400hp I think the f150 raptor has the 6speed trans but I maybe wrong.

I could use a bed mat. My '08 has the storage compartments in the floor and in the summer the door gaps get full of grass clippings.

Yes the price tag is high....no I will not be gettign one.....
do not forget that the advertised 400hp is REAR WHEEL hp....so in all actuallity the $6200 price tag is for a 148+hp gain!

I'll stick with teh Cams and eventually heads perhaps....teh SC is way outta my price range.

Especially when I have a 2003 Mach1 and a 87 Fox GT to mod too! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hear you I have an 03 cobra so I really don't need a sc on this vehicle as well it is plenty fast for a DD. I did the CAI the exhaust and I will do a tune and be very happy.

Back