Dismiss Notice

to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Sport Trac water leaks - New member

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by Ozzie11, April 13, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ozzie11

Ozzie11 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 Sport Trac Limited
      Hi all, I am new to this forum and hopefully I can get some advice. I have a 2008 Sport Trac Limited and am having problems with water leaks. I was able to repair the first one myself - roof mounted brake light. I used foam weatherstripping as a remedy and it works fine.

Now I am getting water under the driver side door sill. The water has caused corroded the wiring in the door sill causing the driver side door lock to not work. Any suggestions?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 07LTDDSM

07LTDDSM Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Sport Trac LTD
      Take your door apart and see what going on in there. There is a piece of plastic that acts as a moisture barrier glued to the door frame that might have come loose. There could also be leaves or other debris that have clogged the holes that allow water to exit the door assembly. Either of those issues could cause excessive amounts of water to build up and rot away your door/door sill.