spraying starter fluid in throttle body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

spraying starter fluid in throttle body

dmr1203

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 eddie bauer
Guys,

Does anyone have pictures of doing this the right way? I have never done this, and feel silly that I need pictures of it, but can someone help? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

take the tube off the throttle body... have a friend or someone try to crank the engine and pump the gas pedal constantly... spray the starting fluid in the throttle body

Shouldn't need that if your fuel injected but pretty much what he said. Just spray it down there and pump the gas.

Yep, pump the gas pedal so the throttle body opens and sucks the ether down.

This is a good way to see if you have spark or a fuel delivery problem

spraying starter fluid into throttle body

ok i have a fuel injected 4.0 '92 explorer and lately i have had to be doing this to start it but then it will run fine afterward. what could be wrong with the sensors/computer/engine that would cause this? please inform me as i am trying to sell the car.. thank you nate

thanx for all your wonderfull help!!! NOT i figured it out myself. it was the fuel pressure regulator malfunctioning and making the fuel pump try to keep pressure in the fuel rails so it was burning out fuel pumps as well.. i replaced both and it fixed it perfectly. once again many thanx to all of you who helped on this problem

look at the dates...2 years ago...

Back