STA Adrenalin Eibach Lowering Springs | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

STA Adrenalin Eibach Lowering Springs

Hey all new to the forum, Did anyone find lowering springs for the STA ??? I'm interested in set.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm interested for sure in a set of lowering springs for my 2010 adrenalin truck

So I found a guy on Instagram with a 2010 STA and he cut the coils to lower the truck. I talked with him a little over messages and I am going to tackle this soon. I want to get it lowered before Street Machines comes to town in June, so hopefully I find the time over the next month. He lowered his 2'' front and 2.5'' in back, not sure I will go that low just to anticipate a load on the suspension at some point.

I will let everyone know how it goes. If it works out good I might look into selling some cut springs, think I have a way to get ahold of some.

I want a set! Count me in!!

If done right cut springs are just as good as manufactured aftermarket ones. I've had cut springs on a car years ago and in that situation it was better then anything else I had tried. Can you post pictures of the guys lowered STA?? I'm planning on cutting the springs on mine I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I will try and get the pic up tonight or in the morning. My phone is not letting me upload.

2_zpsbiaqrdoa.jpg

He is running 22'' wheels they fill the gap to begin with. After the cut springs it is looking way better.

Wow that does look good!

Yeah I think I wet myself when I came across the STA. He also has a roushcharger on it and ZEX nitrous kit. I have not seen any pics of his exhaust but I did see where he mentioned BBK shorties were going on from a 3V mustang.

So I pulled the trigger today and cut my springs. I started with one and ended up cutting 2 coils off all the way around. It has a bit of a rake to it, but I think it looks good.
1C172C45-9FD2-4EA2-A371-57FE69623648_zpshwttsulj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for sharing toddy and being somewhat of a guinea pig for some of us. If you dont mind me asking, did you have a shop do the work or did you do it yourself? If it wasn't too difficult, I may attempt the project myself.

I did it on my own, it wasnt hard at all. The hardest part was repeating the process twice. I started on the front and cut a coil, reinstalled to check clearance and then took it all apart to cut another coil off. The rear was actually easier than the front. Now that I have done it I could probably knock a truck out in 2-3 hours to include cutting the springs if there were no complications.

I have been taking the crappy bumpy roads around town and it rides great. Not sure if its just in my head but it does seem to handle a little better. I am 6 foot and my ass does not brush the seat when I get in and out anymore either. I hated that.

These are the only before and after I had to put together. Not sure what I was thinking by not taking good ones. It ended up being a little over 2 inches. Closer to 2.5 in the front and about 2.25 in the rear, but it seems to sit at the same hight.

82D25178-17AA-4A03-BC63-4614E34DABEE_zpse3vgxcti.jpg

BD134C-32C9-4913-B7EF-3F0D38EA4A62.png_zps2wetmubv.jpg

Have you gotten enough people for the lowering springs? Is this offer still on ? If so I would like to get a set for my 08

Daves Adrenalin pretty sure that the original thought of having springs made is done and gone. Looks like the only options we have are to cut like I did or spends some real money and install airbags.

For those that are nervous of cutting their own springs. I am seriously thinking of suppling brand new shocks and cut springs ready to bolt on. Not sure on the price right now but probably in the $450-$500 range.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, if you do go through with that plan I would be interested in getting a complete set. Thanks guys for all the info.

Back