Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics

Yes, Yes, Yes I know this took forever, but here they are.

This is a list of my mods Iv'e done so far:
Suspension;
-Front; 4 inch Superlift (for a Ranger) +1 inch Torsion twist
-Rear; 5.5 inch Superlift (for 91-94 Explorers) Spring-over-axle Conversion
-2 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift w/98 Ranger bumper brackets
-Eagle 589 15x10 alloy wheels
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-R
-Rancho RS-9000 Shocks

Engine;
-Perma-Cool Electric Radiator Fan w/ adjustable T-stat
-KKM air intake

Audio/Video;
-Classified-

Here's a before pic.
site1_t.JPG

Here are some afters........
graphic_pub.jpg

site1018_t.JPG

site1019_t.JPG

site1020_t.JPG

Here's my Explorer hauling my WR to the mountains.
site1021_t.JPG

I installed a DVD player in the center counsel using a Toshiba home player.
This comes in handy on long trips.
site1022_t.JPG

site1023_t.JPG

site1024_t.JPG

site1025_t.JPG

site1026_t.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Darren
Littleton, CO

-Front 4 inch Superlift(Ranger)+1 inch Torsion Twist
-Rear 5.5 inch Superlift SOA
-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-Rs
-KKM Air Intake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have one thing to say it is totally awsome... Very well done...

Damn that's sweet. did you have to modify anything with the suspension lifts?

sweet truck.....i wouldve gone with 35 though but thats just me.....i put 31 on my stocker with no lift.....

That truck is FRIGGIN MASSIVE!!! i looove it!!! i always wanted to raise my '98 XLT and modify it up the butt, but it seems companies just stopped making kits for my year explorer. you are now my new best friend. YOU ROCK!!!

ps-sweet DVD customization.

Looks like the hard work has paid off, beautiful man! Looks perfect! Now you can hit some mud and post those pics!!

Happy trailes!!

*picks his jaw up off the floor*

DAMN! That is CLEAN!

Really nice truck, I think it looks amazing. How did you set up your system? Everything looks really good and clean.

That's a great looking truck!! Nice Job! Wish I could do the same to my 95. I love that DVD setup in the console. Cool idea.

that is the nicest late model i have seen sweet truck

I wish my explorer would look like that.

Hehe....

Dead Link Removed

all i can say is WOW. did you raise the bumpers after the body lifT?

quote:
Jefe
7" of lift and you went with 33's??. . .J/k
Looks sweet.

jimabena74
sweet truck.....i wouldve gone with 35 though but thats just me.....i put 31 on my stocker with no lift.....

35s!!!!! Do you guys know how hard it was to make these 33s not rub! Actually, they still rubs if your turning sharp enough with the right amount of suspension compression!
I would need at least another 2 inches of lift or major fender cutting(trust me, the fender cutting won't happen).

BoatsRcool,

I did raise my bumpers. It went suprisingly easy.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-KKM Air Intake

Darren,
that is the most killer Limited model i have ever seen. when should i drop off my sport and how soon can u make it look exactly like yours??
Nice truck!
Rick H.

tdavis got 35s on his sport...well navajo sport

Sweet! That's the coolest Limited I've ever seen! GREAT job! I'm jealous now :D You already got the cogs turnin' in my head....

I'm right behind GRNMACHINE , I live down the street in Pueblo , I can drop the Sport off TONIGHT !!!! Think I can have it back first thing Monday mornin' though ??? Man o' man that is a KICK in the A$$ rig you have there.. I've been wanting to do the same thing minus the bodylift . But everyone keeps talkin' me out of it ! Have you had any regrets at all , would you recommend me doing it on my 98' SPORT. What would it take to modify the Ranger lift to fit ??? and how many hours to install ?? Sorry for all the questions but no Shop has any answers for me . Hell when I tell some of them what I plan on doin' they won't even sell me the ranger lift... Thnx for the time and the Kool pics....

Sorry Guys I'm really not for hire, but I'll be more then happy to help out or give you advice.
Give 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers a visit in Aurora. Mike, the manager there was very helpful. And open minded about my plans.
Other then losing a little power (for now), I have no regrets about what I did. My truck actually handles better now then when it was stock. Especially on corners, as strange as that may seem.
If you need more convincing then my words that the Ranger front end is the same as the Explorer, then go to a Ford dealer and get suspension part#s for a 98-up Ranger4x4 and 98-01 Explorer4x4. Guess what, there exactly the same.
If you own a good set of basic hand tools, a few air tools such as a impact wrench air rachet and cut-off tool, and a 3ton floor jack with jack stands there is no reason to pay a shop to do it for you. You can give your truck the extra care an attention a shop can never offer. Its not that hard. Its actually kind of fun!

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-KKM Air Intake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thnx , for clearing that up , I was under the impression that the ranger parts were different and alot of mods. would have to be done to get it on the Xplorer.. So would you say the total lift install ft./Rr. would be about like any other ...Say 8 hours ???? Thnx again......

Back