Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics

Yes, Yes, Yes I know this took forever, but here they are.

This is a list of my mods Iv'e done so far:
Suspension;
-Front; 4 inch Superlift (for a Ranger) +1 inch Torsion twist
-Rear; 5.5 inch Superlift (for 91-94 Explorers) Spring-over-axle Conversion
-2 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift w/98 Ranger bumper brackets
-Eagle 589 15x10 alloy wheels
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-R
-Rancho RS-9000 Shocks

Engine;
-Perma-Cool Electric Radiator Fan w/ adjustable T-stat
-KKM air intake

Audio/Video;
-Classified-

Here's a before pic.
site1_t.JPG

Here are some afters........
graphic_pub.jpg

site1018_t.JPG

site1019_t.JPG

site1020_t.JPG

Here's my Explorer hauling my WR to the mountains.
site1021_t.JPG

I installed a DVD player in the center counsel using a Toshiba home player.
This comes in handy on long trips.
site1022_t.JPG

site1023_t.JPG

site1024_t.JPG

site1025_t.JPG

site1026_t.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Darren
Littleton, CO

-Front 4 inch Superlift(Ranger)+1 inch Torsion Twist
-Rear 5.5 inch Superlift SOA
-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-Rs
-KKM Air Intake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a few questions now that I pick my tounge up off the floor. I have a 94 limited and I was planning a similar lift next weekend. I am keeping my airdam and runningboards to make it look clean.
The American racing 589's are not on their web page, have these been renamed the Baja? I looked into getting the Baja, if so what backspacing are you running and would you do it the same.
Also did you leave your rear shock at the bottom of the axle? It looks like you did, a simple no weld setup using stock shock mounts and everything.
What do you think of the RS9000's on this setup, do anything different.
Like I said I know your's is new generation, but it is the clean look I am going for

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Dannyboy,
I understand your confusion, I have Eagle wheels that look like American Racing Bajas. Eagle just calls them 589s. My wheels have a 4.5 inch offset. If you can, try to find some with more inset, this will help alleave some of the tire rubbing problem. I have a problem with my tires rubbing on the corners of my fenders. With those running boards you have, you will need to take a dremel tool to them and cut off some excess plastic for more tire clearance. Then a small torch is needed to reshape the plastic. It sounds a little scary, but it goes fairly easy.
Since you own a 94 you can use Superlifts spring-over-axle conversion. It bolts right up to your truck. Your shocks will actually mount to the axle perches with that kit. With my truck, it didn't work that way. The shock mounts on the perches got in the way of my sway bars, so I ended up using the stock shock mounts and got longer shocks.
I love my RS9000s on my truck! Its amazing the amount of adjustment these shocks have.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-KKM Air Intake
-Westin Safari Bar

Body lift

Hey Darren, first of all, That is one sweet truck man. That's exactly what I'm shooting for as far as lift goes. My question is. How hard was it to put a Ranger lift on the truck? What modifications did you have to do outside of the bolt ons? I hope im not asking a quesion that is already on here but I searched high and low for this and could not find where someone actually explained how to put it on and what dificulties came up when installing one. Im going to sell my street bike soon and my Trailmaster suspension lift and Ranger body lift along with the Eagle 589 with Baja Claws will be on the way when the bike is gone. Thanks ahead of time and I apologize if I asked a repetetive quesion. Eric

Photos Unavailable?

Have any new photos? I am looking for MRT photos.
I never saw the photos that you had from Photopoint before they became unavailable.
Thanks,
Rick

ExplorGM,

Sorry about the photo thing. I'm working on building my own website with the same and more pictures of my truck on it.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift

wow Darren is still alive??????

I wished he would get it finished so he can come out and play with us.

Finished??? What the hell else is he doing?

Originally posted by offroader_69_me
Finished??? What the hell else is he doing?

Last I knew he was trying to get low range in that beast. Then I don't think he will have any excuse to come out and play.

I have the honor of seeing that thing at a Denver meet and greet, and lemme tell ya, it is beautiful seeing that thing up close. Lemme know when you get the pictures posted Darren, I'd love to see 'em

Stop you guys! You're making me blush!

I'm getting new wheels put on tomorrow. Some 15x8 American Racing AR??? something or another. These wheels have more inset to them, hopfully elimating that dreaded tire rubbing problem I have.

Yes Perry, Low Range! Just got my money order today for that purchase. Won't be long now!

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift

Sounds like a serious machine.

I wanna see some pics of this beast.

serious, i wanna see those pics too... im sure i saw them when you first posted them, but i dont remember. it sound tight though...

how exactly do you do that (put in low range)??? so awd is pretty much high 4wd???

that is one cool truck. nicest new model explorer i've seen yet

BoatsRcool,

Low Range? Check out this thead.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=36561
Yes, AWD is like 4WD high with a viscous coupling center differential in the t-case.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift

um....you are god....i hope to soon be doing this to my Sport.........

Tim

LOVE IT

Front end lift

Looks great!! Were you able to buy your Superlift parts individual rather than with a kit. What kind of parts costs did you have? Thanks

The truck as usual looks great! I'm impressed with that DVD installation! It's bad ass!
Pete

Back