Solved - Starting issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Starting issues

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

LoquetusofBorg

"Resistance is Futile"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Eureka, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport-Limited
Hi gang. I have finally finished my transformation of my sport into a limited sport, I have put a new heater plenum with a new doorman plenum door, door actuator, wiring harness out of a 98 ford explorer limited, same year as my sport, eatc is in, message center and the steering wheel. When I get it running I will post pictures of it and a list of things done to it.I have read the pickle post twice now and I am having start issues. The key on test worked great last week everything powered up and the system check on the message center said all things were great. I threw the rest of the top end of my motor back together and gave it the start test. I have the message center out and the headlight switch out but that should not effect the starting and it won't do anything except the normal key on sort of thing but no starter clicking. I thought it could be the battery and I have a jumper battery that I keep stored it is only 350 amp though and nothing. I have checked the fuses and they all seem to be good. Does anybody have any Ideas? your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Loquetus of Borg
Robert washburn

Solved!
Twas the shift lever on the steering column. Adjusted and good as new. Thanks everyone.

I take it that this issue happened to you also. Sometimes it is the simplest things that stump us. Good luck!
Loquetus

Back