Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Solved Starting issues

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by LoquetusofBorg, May 4, 2016.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. LoquetusofBorg

LoquetusofBorg "Resistance is Futile" Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Eureka, Illinois
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Explorer Sport-Limited
      Hi gang. I have finally finished my transformation of my sport into a limited sport, I have put a new heater plenum with a new doorman plenum door, door actuator, wiring harness out of a 98 ford explorer limited, same year as my sport, eatc is in, message center and the steering wheel. When I get it running I will post pictures of it and a list of things done to it.I have read the pickle post twice now and I am having start issues. The key on test worked great last week everything powered up and the system check on the message center said all things were great. I threw the rest of the top end of my motor back together and gave it the start test. I have the message center out and the headlight switch out but that should not effect the starting and it won't do anything except the normal key on sort of thing but no starter clicking. I thought it could be the battery and I have a jumper battery that I keep stored it is only 350 amp though and nothing. I have checked the fuses and they all seem to be good. Does anybody have any Ideas? your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
      Sincerely,
      Loquetus of Borg
      Robert washburn

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. LoquetusofBorg

City, State:
      Eureka, Illinois
      Solved!
      Twas the shift lever on the steering column. Adjusted and good as new. Thanks everyone.

4. LoquetusofBorg

City, State:
      Eureka, Illinois
      I take it that this issue happened to you also. Sometimes it is the simplest things that stump us. Good luck!
      Loquetus