• Register Today It's free!

Steering wheel radio controls

johnd23

Reaction score
City, State
Holmdel, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
I just picked up a 06 XLT last week. I have the cruise control on the left hand side of the steering wheel, but on the right is just a blank plate, where the radio controls would go. I went with the audiophile system with the 6cd changer/mp3/sub. Is it possible to get the radio control added on? It doesnt look right without it. I had also read in another thread that the sirius sat addon would be available in mid feb? Anyone know pricing to get it installed from the dealer?

Thanks,
John

Guess it should be possible if your HU has a remote input. Swapping the control with the spareplate isn´t a real big deal, but the driverside airbag needs to be disabled for it. It´s similar to the swap of speedcontrol-keys on the 99 SOHC. To make sure the control fits your radio ask your dealer, don´t know if they trasmit th signal or use contact rings beyond the steering wheel.

its available from the factory now. order code 85B. if the dealer adds it i found the parts are $275 and installed $400. Parts are on backorder. Looks like mid-March.

expensive toy. I´ll try to figure out how it works and if there´s a way to use it with my Sony-HU.

Back