Stic-o's New DD. '88 B2 EB 4x4 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's New DD. '88 B2 EB 4x4

I have a set of Warn manual hubs for that dana 28 I think, in the shed, in a box I havent touched in about 8 years...you pay shipping and they are yours

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of gas mileage are you getting? (or expecting to get)

Well EPA is 16/21 by the new standards. Original window in 18/23. I've only driven it for a few days so far and kinda been racing around:D plus it has to be getting better after we tuned it up. The guy I bought it from said he could get 25mph out of it. and I figure I'm getting around 20mpg right now with all the racing around. I've only used 1/4 tank so far in about 120 miles:D That would be 3/4 or a tank in the explorer. However the explorer does hold less gas.

Jamie let me know what shipping will cost on the Warns, I really appreciate that! :thumbsup:

30 minutes? Heck it took me 2 hours to do the drivers motor in my 88, you have to drill the rivets and use bolts to re-attach.

next one will take me 30 mins (pass side motor is still OEM 295K miles, its slow to say the least)

I will grab those hubs next time I am at my parents

BII tank is 23 gallons

can't I just unbolt the motor and replace the gear? I noticed there are two bolts on the motor attaced to the arm for the window.:confused:

I dunno do what they said I replaced the whole assembly/motor

I dunno do what they said I replaced the whole assembly/motor

the motor is fine, the gear is just stripped or whatever. it just jumps and dosn't go up when you push the button. I bought the replacment gear already($32), just have not tried to fix it yet. Right now you have to hold down the button and push it up from inside the door pannel.:rolleyes:

$32?????????????????????????????????????????????

the entire assembly for me was $55 at Carquest
I woulda saved my old motor if I knew the gears got stripped :)
295K miles and I have never had a gear issue but then I clean and lube the window guides every time a door panel is off, which is alot

if there were no rivets this was not the OEM motor

Just like my rear driver side window.

Yeah my pass rear window on the explorer stopped working, but it's in the up postion, so I don't really care:rolleyes:

...and then the truck stopped

ahhh everything was going so welll:) and then I got home and went to back into a parking space, popped the clutch:banghead: , and now she will not start again! :( She cranks but no starting. I thinking it's out of gas, because it's shows a 1/4 tank but I've never filled it up all the way, so I don't no if the gauge is right.:dunno:

Edit: Put a gallon of gas in and still just cranks... I fond a fuse under the hood atached to the solinoid, that goes to a solid yellow wire into the loom. Not sure what it's for but when I replace the 20 amp fuse, and turn the key...It blows.:scratch: Not sure if it's related or not, because I don't know if it was blown before or not?

what solenoid is said fuse attached to?? 88 has 3 relays, fuel, ac wot, and EEC power

Listen for the in tank pump and the rail mounted pump, if the in tank boost pump is not working the truck can still run, until you get low on gas or park with the tank downhill :p

what solenoid is said fuse attached to?? 88 has 3 relays, fuel, ac wot, and EEC power

It's attached to the solinoid by the battery. When the key is turned on, it pops.

No Spark... Gas is not the issue, I checked the spark at the coil, and there is nothing. It was pulseing really bad the other day, when we were changing everything. My guess is the coil went to crap. I'll remove it and go get it checked out tomorrow.

I moved the starting issue to here...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189305

Why does the "on" button for my cruise control make the horn honk?:confused:

It didn't when I bought it.:rolleyes:

Dua obviously it is to make you aware the cruise control is now ON

Does it do it again when you press off?

My guess is if you pull your wheel off you will find the cause, thats assuming you arent pushing too hard like Colin says hahahaha

299K miles on my truck and my cruise buttons, horn, etc all work 100%.
I have cleaned and lubed the connections from steering wheel to steering column wiring a few times, I have also replace many of the relays and switches in the steering column, but I have never replaced the column or bearings/sleeves in there. It has been making a dry "squeek" for about 3 years now....it's on the list

Sounds like your wires are mixed up or crossed behind that wheel.
You need a 2 jaw puller to remove it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I bought it last week, it didn't do that:rolleyes: The cruise worked then, but dosn't now. and I just pushing it, not slaming it down:rolleyes: I thinking of putting a grant on, I think they have cruise available in them, or they use too:rolleyes:

Back