and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Stick Shift Knob Removal on 1995 Ranger XL

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by jimbo74, October 26, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Ranger

City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      Year and Model:
      98 XLT Supercab 4x2
      My friend has a 95 ranger.... We tried today to get the knob off and nothing happened... How does it come off? from what i saw in other posts that the search function came up, you just pull hard, but it also said that was for a 91-94 explorer... is the ranger the same? we removed the cover piece/ diagram of the knob, and ist looks like there is a splined type washer/nut on there? does this copme off or are we doing something wrong?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Omao, Kauai
      Year and Model:
      '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
      Maybe you didn't pull hard enough? Mine has come off twice during panic/adrenaline shifts offroading.:eek: Mine's a 93, but I doubt it was changed for 95's.

4. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Ranger

City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      Year and Model:
      98 XLT Supercab 4x2
    5. Josh S.

Josh S. can't kick the habit Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Seabeck, WA
      Year and Model:
      '93 sport 4x4
      The first time I popped mine off to put on my Momo shift knob, it was really pissing me off. Its like, how complicated can this really be???! But anyway, I eventually ended up taking my angle grinder to it and demolishing the hell out of it . There aint no nut or nothin holdin it on, just glue. Sooo, you can pull really hard and accomplish nothing, or disintegrate it w/ a cut off wheel. The only downside to this is that you get black plastic bits all over the ceiling and interior. Oh well, small price to pay to be COOl right?

6. Explorer_2196

Explorer_2196 Active Member

City, State:
      Ann Arbor, MI
      Year and Model:
      2003 Ranger FX4 Lvl II
      on my Ranger, I used one of those rubber can lid removers and some muscle. I suppose you could use a strap wrench if you were desperate.

7. 92explorerRED

92explorerRED New Member

City, State:
      baltimore,md
      Year and Model:
      92 ford explorer
      THE SHIFT KNOB IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO GET OFF I BOUGHT A REDLINE THAT LIGHTS UP 6 DIFFERENT WAYS AND IT TOOK ME LIKE AN 1 1/2 HRS TO GET IT OFF DAMM :eek:

8. atlranger

atlranger Member

Wake the dead!