• Register Today It's free!

Sticking Gas Pedal

outhouse

Reaction score
City, State
England
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4 4.0
Sometimes I feel an initial resistance when applying gas. (Stiction - if that term is familiar) It can be easily overcome but needs a definite jab at the gas pedal.

No set time when this happens but not at start-up.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago....so spray some throttle body cleaner in the throttle body and around the flap and then wipe all the resine clean and that will clear up the gas pedal sticking...let me know if that works

It's usually just from the butterfly sticking to the edge of the Throttle Body due to carbon build up. Nothing some Carb Cleaner can't handle. You'll usually want to take the Throttle Body completely off, then clean both sides with the cleaner and a toothbrush. Good luck.

-Drew

Thanks will have a look when - if - it ever stops raining!

I had that same problem about a month ago, mine would start running real rough, and i could smell fumes bad and all, and the gas pedal would do that. But it would only do it intermittantly, and then it just quit, and hasnt done it in a month. :confused:

Back