Still Waiting | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still Waiting

Please read if you are still awaiting shipment!

Hey all,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service Division. It looks like a few of you on this forum are still waiting for your Explorer, hence the still waiting thread. If you have been on other threads in the forum you may have already seen the following notices that I have posted. Below are two quick notes that you may find to be useful:

Awaiting Shipment Status
We occasionally discover issues during production, particularly during ramp-up. If you are experiencing delays in delivery, we may be holding your vehicle for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. Thank you for your patience as this gets resolved.

What about my incentives?
If you placed a retail order, we provide public incentive protection for the exact incentive programs you were quoted. That means you get the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order, even if the incentives expire before you take delivery. If you are leasing, we guarantee the monthly payment. If incentives improve by the time your vehicle arrives, you get the new, improved incentive amount - that is, you do not need to take the old incentives.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my order was placed 12-30 built 2-22 ship 2-27 eta 3-6. not here its a 202a with tow, nav and moonroof. my wife is ready to walk on this thing.

my dealer called me yesterday and i was told that the problem is with the rail system and the f150s are even worse shipping than our x's. they have 8 of us waiting on late delivery explorers. hes telling me that ford has so many sales that the rails cannot keep up with delivery and that ford has hired another trucking company to help. he read this to me from a letter sent to him...

my order was placed 12-30 built 2-22 ship 2-27 eta 3-6. not here its a 202a with tow and moonroof. my wife is ready to walk on this thing.

my dealer called me yesterday and i was told that the problem is with the rail system and the f150s are even worse shipping than our x's. they have 8 of us waiting on late delivery explorers. hes telling me that ford has so many sales that the rails cannot keep up with delivery and that ford has hired another trucking company to help. he read this to me from a letter sent to him...

Tell your wife to be patient, it's not Ford's fault the rail system is backed up. :p: It's definitely worth the wait though, I love my truck (and knock on wood, no issues so far). I'm glad I didn't have to rely on the rail system though, Ohio's close enough to the plant to ship by truck. My Ex was built on 2/24 and my butt hit it's seat 7 days later on 3/3...

Hey all,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service Division. It looks like a few of you on this forum are still waiting for your Explorer, hence the still waiting thread. If you have been on other threads in the forum you may have already seen the following notices that I have posted. Below are two quick notes that you may find to be useful:

Awaiting Shipment Status
We occasionally discover issues during production, particularly during ramp-up. If you are experiencing delays in delivery, we may be holding your vehicle for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. Thank you for your patience as this gets resolved.

What about my incentives?

If you placed a retail order prior, we provide public incentive offer price protection. That means you get the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order, even if the incentives expire before you take delivery. If you are leasing, we guarantee the monthly payment. If incentives improve by the time your vehicle arrives, you get the new, improved incentive amount - that is, you do not need to take the old incentives. For private cash offers, your dealer would need to file an exception request with C&I, explaining the situation.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Seni

Thanks Seni!

My build date was 2/24, and still no one knows anything either. I feel your pain. I also messaged Seni twice, and got no response. I also called the number above, and same thing "awaiting shipping". I'm looking at 4runners today. I like the 2011 body style of the 4runner better, but I like the explorer better for the luxury interior and options. It is very upsetting. To me there's no good excuse for a car to sit around that long, unless there is something majorly wrong with it, in which case, not sure I want it.

Emergeme,

I just saw this on the forum and wanted to make sure you received the email I sent on Monday. Feel free to check back with me this coming Monday and I will review my system.

Seni

Week 11
No Vin
No build date..

Wow...I thought 7 weeks was a long wait. Has your sales manager called his regional manager to expedite it? Dealer allocation plays a major role..but 11 weeks is too long.

Went to pick up our Ex today and it turns out, it wasn't ours but another the dealer ordered just like it.... Minus of course the tow package I have to have. Bummer.

Maybe that's the common denominator. Mine is a Limited with the 302a spec. Built 3/7 and has missed two shipping ETAs so far. Only other option was crossbars.

mines limited, 302 a, moonroof, dvd... 4wd

seni, appreciate the update - but can you tell us whats wrong with these if they are being held? I think we have the right to know - weve committed to buying them on special order - to make us wait extended periods of time - and given no reason - doesnt bode well.

I know you are doing everything you can but its just frustrating from our point of view - having no idea if/when/how long its going to be.

I have a spring vacation we had planned in january - when we started looking for a vehicle that would accomodate us. The trip was 3 months away then - now its only 3 weeks away. Our cars will not make the trip...

i was told when i ordered it would be no problem at all - now apparantly there is a problem as you alluded to in your last post.

Your last PM to me had no ETA. Even though the dealer said 3/21. Has something changed? if so can you please be up front about it - i need to know if i should start cancelling vacation plans now.

thank you very much.

seni, appreciate the update - but can you tell us whats wrong with these if they are being held? I think we have the right to know - weve committed to buying them on special order - to make us wait extended periods of time - and given no reason - doesnt bode well.

I know you are doing everything you can but its just frustrating from our point of view - having no idea if/when/how long its going to be.

I have a spring vacation we had planned in january - when we started looking for a vehicle that would accomodate us. The trip was 3 months away then - now its only 3 weeks away. Our cars will not make the trip...

i was told when i ordered it would be no problem at all - now apparantly there is a problem as you alluded to in your last post.

Your last PM to me had no ETA. Even though the dealer said 3/21. Has something changed? if so can you please be up front about it - i need to know if i should start cancelling vacation plans now.

thank you very much.

CG13, I'm in the same boat as you, ordered the vehicle when we did to have it for our spring break vacation in April. The dealer knew this and kept saying we had plenty of time, no problem, it should be here in 6 wks, 8 wks tops. My trade in vehicle won't make the trip from Michigan to Florida and my husbands small work commuter car will not work to hold the whole family and luggage for such a big trip. My eta is Monday, but as of Friday it is still in Chicago and I don't have a new eta yet. I'm really sweating it because this will be the first vacation we've taken in years and really need the EX to get us there. I looked into renting a large vehicle, but it's going to cost us a lot to do so and I feel like I'm throwing that money out the window when I need it to pay for the very expensive new car we ordered and should be here by now! I'm really frustrated and trying not to lose hope that it will be here in time! :(

rnmomx2, can you ask your dealer to loan you a car for the trip? A Flex would work well for the long drive, too.

rnmomx2, can you ask your dealer to loan you a car for the trip? A Flex would work well for the long drive, too.

Thanks for the suggestion gabella, I was thinking of that although I don't have high hopes as they haven't been very helpful since I placed my order. Since we still have a small amount of time, I'm just hoping for a miracle. At this point, if it isn't on it's way by the end of the week, I have some serious scrambling to do and I'll be putting a lot of pressure on my dealer to help me out.

what are the odds they are going to "loan" me a car for a vacation? its 650 miles each way.... estimate 1600-1700 miles... i just dont see them being ok with this.

what are the odds they are going to "loan" me a car for a vacation? its 650 miles each way.... estimate 1600-1700 miles... i just dont see them being ok with this.

All I know is that my dealer told me that if I had an issue with my current car while I am waiting for my Ex, they would help me out with a loaner. I've had no issues, so I've not tested it, but I would try for a loaner if I needed a larger vehicle. That's why I suggested it. It certainly can't hurt to ask. The story used is up to you.

So.. I just checked my dealer's inventory.. They had an Ex built on 3/11 and it's on there lot as of now.. Mine was built 3/17 so I'm hoping to have it this week based on the same timing..

I know, I'm getting my hopes up.. but was surprised to see something on the lot 2 weeks after it was built.

There is a dealer somewhat near me (40 minutes) and I just saw over the weekend online he has 2 Limited sitting on his lot that were built on 3/01 (if I recall correctly). Hoping like blwnsmoke that this means they are actually shipping some after building them.

Just got an update, eta pushed back a week. And so it begins, eta 4/4.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I called CS this morning. My ETA of 3/28 was changed yesterday (3/27) to not update available. My X is how back to awaiting shipping.

Back