Still Waiting | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still Waiting

Where/Who did you get your update from?

I get most of my updates from a Ford employee on blueovalnews dot com. He does two sweeps a day of all update requests.. usually one is around 7am and the other roughly 1pm. So if I put in a request tonight, Ill get the update by 8am.

I know seni is very busy with things other then updates so I use him instead due to how fast I get replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service Division. It looks like a few of you on this forum are still waiting for your Explorer, hence the still waiting thread. If you have been on other threads in the forum you may have already seen the following notices that I have posted. Below are two quick notes that you may find to be useful:

Awaiting Shipment Status
We occasionally discover issues during production, particularly during ramp-up. If you are experiencing delays in delivery, we may be holding your vehicle for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. Thank you for your patience as this gets resolved.

What about my incentives?
If you placed a retail order, we provide public incentive protection for the exact incentive programs you were quoted. That means you get the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order, even if the incentives expire before you take delivery. If you are leasing, we guarantee the monthly payment. If incentives improve by the time your vehicle arrives, you get the new, improved incentive amount - that is, you do not need to take the old incentives.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Seni

Seni,
We had a coupon from an Explorer catalog worth $750.00. Since we missed all of our ETA's our coupon also expired....:mad: is there anything that can be done to allow this coupon to be honored?

Seni,
We had a coupon from an Explorer catalog worth $750.00. Since we missed all of our ETA's our coupon also expired....:mad: is there anything that can be done to allow this coupon to be honored?

Order another, I did the same, first one was under my name, 2nd one was under my wife's.. I'm ordering another one again because mine has expired, my wife's expires the week our vehicle is due.. not taking any chances.

What is this explorer catalog you speak of?

Go to Ford.com, go to the explorer page, request a brochure by mail (some have succesfully done it by email but I recommend by mail), they will mail you a brochure and most receive a $750 rebate inside of it that is good for 60 days from the time you requested it.

Seni,

While I did go ahead re-order brochures(and got the 750 coupon again), I was also told by my dealer that the 750 was locked in.

I just ordered the brochure. My vehicle is suppose to be in on Wednesday.........I ordered it by email and mail.

My dealer has already given me a $1500 rebate.........I wonder if I get the extra $750 if they would honor it?

Well my build date for my Ex was o 3/10. On Monday I was able to register and see that the Sync system was installed. So far, I have not gotten ANY updates at all as to the status of my vehicle. My dealer (who has been wonderful during the process) is unable to get an y updates at all either. He is becoming increasingly frustrated as well. If I don't find out something today, I think I am going to have to walk away from Ford.

I really don't want to, I have been such a huge fan of them for years. I have been in about 6 accidents during my lifetime (none of them my fault) and every time I have made it out of them with only minor injuries. Usually my vehicle has been the same. Earlier this year I was involved in a wreck with my wife's Escape, did $13,000 damage to her car ( was hit in front passenger panel by motorcycle), but it was easily repairable. Had I not been knocked silly by the airbag deploying, I would have been fine as well.

But, I was supposed to be out of our lease on Monday. I am told I have 10 days grace to return it, so the dealer suggested I take that time to wait for delivery. But, on Monday of next week, I think I am going to turn in the other car, I do not want to risk being charged for anything. So, with no idea where/when my new vehicle will arrive and being 1 car down while in limbo, I just cannot see waiting indefinitely. I saw a few vehicles that would work for us last weekend. I may just have to buy an off the lot vehicle this weekend.

Had I not had such an awful experience with the information I had received from Ford, it would be different. I custom ordered a Pontiac about 9 years ago. I was kept in constant communications as to where/when it would be delivered and that was with 9 year older technology. I KNOW someone could tell me exactly where my car is sitting right now (might even be able to tell me what direction she is pointing), but finding that person has been impossible.

Seni, here on the forums has been helpful in the past, but for the last week I have had a message out to her to track my situation and have yet to get a response.

I'll let everyone know which way I go.

a disappointed Dismania

Dude, you have a tough life. Sorry about all your bad luck.
I had to wait about eight weeks for mine, and I feel the dealer did me a favor by delivering it so quick.
There is nothing your dealer or Ford can tell you; there are delays just like Porsche is experiencing now. That's all you need to know.
Unfortunately, Ford has little to do with your current lease-end timing.
The New Explorer is the most technologically advanced vehicle they've built to date, and there is no percentage in Ford risking quality control for a few extra deliveries. The sales figures will follow anyway.
You will be making a mistake if you settle for another make. I've spent several evenings in my driveway getting to know all the systems, and setting it up the way I want it. This truck is amazing.
Drive your sister's car for a couple of weeks and just keep waiting for your Explorer. You won't be sorry.

I just ordered the brochure. My vehicle is suppose to be in on Wednesday.........I ordered it by email and mail.

My dealer has already given me a $1500 rebate.........I wonder if I get the extra $750 if they would honor it?

They should, it's a manufacturer's rebate, should be zero reason for them to say no. It did take about 5 days to show up in the Ford rebate system for the $750 rebate.. So if it comes in, i'd hold off on picking it up for a couple days until they see you listed in the rebate system for the $750. You don't actually need the rebate in hand, once they process it and put it in the mail, you are already loaded in the system for it.

This would be great. Now I want to wait several days. Is there a way to check to see if I am in the system?

Still waiting too

I ordered a Limited 302A package on 1/1/11. It was built 2/7/11 and has been on hold then released then put back on hold several times from what I have been told from Ford and the dealer. I was told by the dealer that they are having problems with the MyTouch system. Other then that, I have no idea when I will see the vehicle. Everytime I'm told it's waiting shipping then a week later I'm told it's back on hold... Funny how on Jan 1 when I ordered the Explorer I was told 6 to 8 weeks.

Just got a call from my dealer, laughing, telling me they have started sending my explorer in pieces. Turns out they got the roof rack in. Frustrating, going on 10 weeks now with no end in sight, but I appreciated his humor. What else can you do but laugh?

My dealer called today and left a message, said my Explorer had been "re-released for shipping" and should be arriving soon. I called the Customer Service Line for an update, they still show it's awaiting shipment and the ETA is still 3/26.....

Fortunately I still have about a week to a week and a half left before I'll have to start looking at other options. Hope Ford can get it together before then, I really want the Explorer, but I can't keep renting forever.

Well after all this time I pick my Ex up tomorrow. But I just signed up for the brochure last night. I had the dealer check and I am not registered yet for the $750..........is there anyway to check on this myself?

I really want the $750 but I don't want to delay picking the car up!

Any ideas?

Well after all this time I pick my Ex up tomorrow. But I just signed up for the brochure last night. I had the dealer check and I am not registered yet for the $750..........is there anyway to check on this myself?

I really want the $750 but I don't want to delay picking the car up!

Any ideas?

Dealer is your best bet for checking.. it took about 5 days for my name to be in the system for the rebate. I got the coypon about a week after that.

Thanks......I have complained so much I now feel bad if I wait to pick it up. I did get some free splash guards for it.

At least your dealer been talking to you guy's. But it's a killer waitng for a new vehicle. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and with no problems.

The dealer talking to me just started today. A guy that works for me know the service manager at the dealership. For the last 12 weeks I have resisted the temptation to call him to get some answers. Today I couldn't hold off anymore. WOW.......is he responsive! The wait would have been much better if they would have acted like he is!

My wife would like a new Explorer. Think we hold off for awhile yet. I don't think I could be so patient. I know my wife wouldn't. She also likes the Jeep Cherokee too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seni,

Hey Edgieguy,

Please check your PMs. I have replied to your post. Thank you.

Seni

Back