Still Waiting | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still Waiting

This would be great. Now I want to wait several days. Is there a way to check to see if I am in the system?

mtuhoop24,

Hey, did you pick up your Explorer? PM me I'd like to know how it all worked out for you!

Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Uh oh, according to my window sticker, my build date is TODAY--a Friday AND April Fool's Day. That can't be good haha

Hey all,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service Division. It looks like a few of you on this forum are still waiting for your Explorer, hence the still waiting thread. If you have been on other threads in the forum you may have already seen the following notices that I have posted. Below are two quick notes that you may find to be useful:

Awaiting Shipment Status
We occasionally discover issues during production, particularly during ramp-up. If you are experiencing delays in delivery, we may be holding your vehicle for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. Thank you for your patience as this gets resolved.

What about my incentives?
If you placed a retail order, we provide public incentive protection for the exact incentive programs you were quoted. That means you get the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order, even if the incentives expire before you take delivery. If you are leasing, we guarantee the monthly payment. If incentives improve by the time your vehicle arrives, you get the new, improved incentive amount - that is, you do not need to take the old incentives.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Seni

How do I get my dealer to abide by this? They keep telling me that if the lease rate changes and the residual change I would have to go with whatever comes up. This is ticking me off because the program ends on Monday 4/4. I know you're probably away for the weekend Seni but I need your help!

The way I understand this, is only "Select" dealers (smaller dealers) get this protection for their customers.

I have read this in the incentives/rebates thread AND it was confirmed for me by a "Select" dealer who isn't selling me the car and is a friend of friend.

You should still be able to check Monday with Ford Marketing.

Seni- I orderd my 2011 Ford explorer on January 25 and I am still awaiting shipment to the dealer. My dealer has received the VIN# on the vehicle and a build date of March 10 and a shipping date of March 21. We are still waiting. Could Ford customer service give me some information on the status of my vehcile delivery? I can furnish the VIN# via email or by phone or in this forum, if needed.

dodsonb
email- dodson.barry@gmail.com

Thanks Seni!
Seni- How may I contact you with my VIN# to and ask you to check on my delivery status 2011 Explorer Limited. My dealer has given me the VIN$ and the build date of March 10 and expected shipping date of March 21. No one at the dealership can give me information about the delivery status for the vehicle. If I do not have date that I can plan around, I will need to purchase another car.

Bdodson
email- dodson.barry@gmail.com

Just send a PM to Seni with the info (order number and dealer number) and she'll check for you.

The way I understand this, is only "Select" dealers (smaller dealers) get this protection for their customers.

I have read this in the incentives/rebates thread AND it was confirmed for me by a "Select" dealer who isn't selling me the car and is a friend of friend.

You should still be able to check Monday with Ford Marketing.

Thanks for the info. I will check Monday for sure. I don't know why they wouldn't do this for all dealers. If things change and price goes up I'm just going to look at something else I guess.

I ordered a Limited 302A package on 1/1/11. It was built 2/7/11 and has been on hold then released then put back on hold several times from what I have been told from Ford and the dealer. I was told by the dealer that they are having problems with the MyTouch system. Other then that, I have no idea when I will see the vehicle. Everytime I'm told it's waiting shipping then a week later I'm told it's back on hold... Funny how on Jan 1 when I ordered the Explorer I was told 6 to 8 weeks.

As of Apr 3. - 13 weeks and counting... I'm in the same mode today (Sunday) as I have been for a while by thinking, "Maybe Monday I will get good news." I was told a week and a half ago by the dealer that probably by the first of April I would have the vehicle... Apr 1 - come and gone.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Just BS from Ford. Anybody know how many X's are on hold?
Mine was built 2/18. 11 weeks Monday 4/4. :popcorn:

Order date 09/04/10
Build date 03/12/11 (verified by the VIN)
It still hasn't shipped as of Friday 4/1
I understand delays but the lack of straight answers from the dealer and customer service has made me decide to cancel the order tomorrow.

I think I will pull the plug as well. What could possibly be wrong with these trucks. Others rolling off are being shipped. I'll just wait out the summer and order a 12 in September.

Mabey it has something to do with japan i know some car makers had to lay peole off due to lack of parts from japan.

I read a post that said that because of the volume of unexpected orders, there is a delay in shipping due to a lack of transportation, particularily rail cars. An additional transport company has been hired to try a clear the back log. Not sure if that is what is holding up your delivery. If you paid a down payment and cancel your order, I assume that there will be no refund. At least that is what the fine print on my order stated.

At this point I am still hanging in. Ordered Nov 23, Built Feb 24 (3 months), First promised delivery week 28 Feb, Second promised delivery week (27 Mar), STILL NO EXPLORER!! I know I live 5 hours from the factory (A LONG WAY). Customer service cannot tell be why it was held up the first time and elevated the issue up the chain. That is when I received the 27 Mar date (and they tried to tell me it was the date established when I ordered it in Nov). They still cannot tell be why it has not shipped or how those ordered in Jan and Feb and those built in Mar are shipping and ours is setting. I think Ford needs to seriously work on its customer service (first in and first out, within reason). They also need to work on their delivery system (not sure they have one). I am still hopeful though.

I'd go and get it if they would let me. Just BS Ford! I was told by Customer service that the issue is with MFT and updates. They could not give me any ETA. I'm still on the fence. Just don't know what to do. I really wanted it when I ordered it but now WT*!

Mabey it has something to do with japan i know some car makers had to lay peole off due to lack of parts from japan.

our cars are built... they are waiting on shipping?

Interesting...Ford Customer service (i.e. Seni and gang) appear to be changing their tune a bit regarding the incentive "protection" (i.e. locking in an incentive when ordering). At least, they have had their public stance "clarified" by corporate. Unlike that statement above by Seni that Powerofx posted ("we provide public incentive protection for the exact incentive programs you were quoted") they are now saying that the dealer needs to "agree" to the incentive protection. Interesting.

No, I didn't leave a deposit. In times of a poor economy cutomer service is king. I've been in a Ford family my whole life but loyalty goes both ways. I don't need an X, I just want it. (sorry everyone, but here's my finger to Ford)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting...Ford Customer service (i.e. Seni and gang) appear to be changing their tune a bit regarding the incentive "protection" (i.e. locking in an incentive when ordering). At least, they have had their public stance "clarified" by corporate. Unlike that statement above by Seni that Powerofx posted ("we provide public incentive protection for the exact incentive programs you were quoted") they are now saying that the dealer needs to "agree" to the incentive protection. Interesting.

ATLCanuck,

I do apologize, as I am the one that incorrectly worded it in the first place. I did clarify it, and stated so on the post. Again, I am sorry for the confusion this may have caused. Please feel free to PM with any questions. Thank you.

Seni

Back