• Register Today It's free!

Stock rim dimensions

BMD

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Explorer XLT (Sport?)
My 04 explorer has the stock 17" rims but they are in bad shape, to the point of the bead being corroded that I have to add air every couple of days. Had a tire shop clean the beads so that took care of the leaking issue for now but next time I have to replace tires I want to replace the rims as well. I'm fairly certain rims are 7.5 wide but don't know that the offsets are. What would be the proper replacement rim dimensions for either stock or upping to an 18 rim, maybe going to a 255 width tire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '02 XLS has stock 16" tires so cannot help. I'd think you could get this info pretty quickly from tirerack.com (which also sells rims), though.....

OK, anyone know if a 265/60 R18 would fit without issues, and what the correct backspacing for said setup would be. Im assuming something in the 30-40mm range.

OK, anyone know if a 265/60 R18 would fit without issues, and what the correct backspacing for said setup would be. Im assuming something in the 30-40mm range.
On tirerack.com, the 18x8 wheels for this model vehicle ('04 XLT 4wd) show either 35 or 38 mm offset.

Back