Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Stock system information

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by naiku, June 3, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. naiku

naiku Active Member

City, State:
      Virginia
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 Ford Explorer Ltd V8
      Can anyone tell me if the stock system in the 2008 Explorer has an amplifier for all the speakers, or just the subwoofer? I am not sure what options were available, we have the factory navigation with rear DVD.

I am trying to determine what is already installed in order to decide whether to get a JBL MS8 or another DSP. If the stock system has no amp, i may use the MS8 internal amplifier for the speakers (at least initially). I am also trying to identify the stock components to see if the factory head unit sends a low level signal that I can tap into for the DSP.

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.