Street Style Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Street Style Explorer

Here are a few pics of my X-Sport before I got rid of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I go for the street look......this summer includes adding my FMS headers, roof rack delete, a custom grille, and a slight drop. Keep up the good work, your rims will def look hot, and even better IMO w/o the flames. And yea, i agree with techie ---> love my speed lol :D

(If you ever need help or ideas let me know, this is what I do, I consult for people and often set rides up)

I really need to get my body work done now it looks like ****! I think you need to paint every thing to match on the out side like mine ;)

So, a little hi-jack here!!! Yours is lowered about 2 inches? How is the ride quallity? I've read mixed reviews, some hate it and some love it. Is it much different than stock feel? I'm going with 1988 LSC 23 spoke 16's and would like to lower it 2" So....?waddaya think?

I have the Steeda blocks in the rear, and I think they give you a 1 7/8 inch drop. The front is lowered about 4 in from stock. The ride is good on a decently smooth road, however when you hit a pothole, its awful. A lot of that has to do with the tires as well. Lower profile tires with high pressure had a bigger affect on the ride than the lowering did. The truck does handle much better lowered than it did stock, so I think its worth the crappy ride. I plan on doing a bigger rear sway-bar and polyurethane bushings on everything to make it better than it is now.

To give it a little smoother ride, you can cut down the bumpstops so you don't hit those every time there is a hole.

For the wheels, personally I would go bigger than 16 inch. Mine are 18" Saleens and there are somedays, that I wish I would have gone with 20s instead. But if you like the smaller wheels, go for it!

For the wheels, personally I would go bigger than 16 inch. Mine are 18" Saleens and there are somedays, that I wish I would have gone with 20s instead. But if you like the smaller wheels, go for it!

I love the Saleen rims they make me happy :) You have a good looking truck, I think I decided not to lower mine haha...Lowered + 3 feet of snow = not good!

I love the Saleen rims they make me happy :) You have a good looking truck, I think I decided not to lower mine haha...Lowered + 3 feet of snow = not good!

it's not hard to raise it back up for winter. 2" drop in the summer, and a 2" lift in the winter:D

I really need to get my body work done now it looks like ****! I think you need to paint every thing to match on the out side like mine ;)

Everything on the outside of mine does match lol. Maybe the pix threw u off sorry (or maybe i'm misunderstanding you?). I have one of the rarer mounty's thats monotoned and not 2 colors split in the middle :) I sprayed the reflectors on the tailgate to match and even the dot on my 5.0 i painted to match the mounty haha

Everything on the outside of mine does match lol. Maybe the pix threw u off sorry (or maybe i'm misunderstanding you?). I have one of the rarer mounty's thats monotoned and not 2 colors split in the middle :) I sprayed the reflectors on the tailgate to match and even the dot on my 5.0 i painted to match the mounty haha

Are your mirrors?

Are your mirrors?

I think his mirrors look just fine. On a dark color like that, painting the mirrors wouldn't add much.

Do you guys with premiers have tan interiors? I have yet to find a premier without a tan interior. I plan to purchase a blue premier at some point though. Either that or get another mounty and paint one like it.

Great looking truck NYMount. I don't like the mirrors painted on the gen2. It creates such a harsh line where the mirror meets the trim and it just doesn't flow well.

Are your mirrors?

I stand corrected haha, no my mirrors aren't painted, thought about it at one point, but decided not to spend the money.....

I think his mirrors look just fine. On a dark color like that, painting the mirrors wouldn't add much.

Do all you guys with premiers have tan interiors? I have yet to find a premier without a tan interior. I plan to purchase a blue premier at some point though. Either that or get another mounty and paint one like it.

Yes I do have tan interior, i think you're right about that

Great looking truck NYMount. I don't like the mirrors painted on the gen2. It creates such a harsh line where the mirror meets the trim and it just doesn't flow well.

Thanks a lot man, I've always been a fan of your truck......

I can understand that. haha Its not bad until it gets deeper than about a foot. It will still look great at the stock height.

this is the only pic i have of it right now. I'm gonna take some tomorrow..
100_0950.jpg

Is your truck sitting at stock height? That looks hella good I can't wait to put my 20's on...Might look bunk with the paint work I will need done but thats ok :)

100_0964.jpg

Looks good! Just need to fix the fender, work the bumper, lower it a little and your mint.

Haha, i was gonna say lower it too, but I know some of those texas boys have a thing for ridin' high :cool:

Here's an OLD pic of some friends from high school (about 3-4 years ago). My friend Gerard who drove the black one had a cardomain, so you could find a few more pix if u were interested. We used to have the 3 matching trucks, now both of those are long gone, one totalled, one stolen/recovered and sold:(
CodyandGerard2.jpg

Is your truck sitting at stock height? That looks hella good I can't wait to put my 20's on...Might look bunk with the paint work I will need done but thats ok :)

yea stock height I'm gonna lower it with the chassis tech keys and 2 inch blocks in the back.

100_0964.jpg

Looks good! Just need to fix the fender, work the bumper, lower it a little and your mint.

Yea I'm gonna lower it and I want to do the sport bumper on the front. Also get all the body work fixed. I think I'm going to keep the color tho I like it with the rims and the dark tint.

Haha, i was gonna say lower it too, but I know some of those texas boys have a thing for ridin' high :cool:

Here's an OLD pic of some friends from high school (about 3-4 years ago). My friend Gerard who drove the black one had a cardomain, so you could find a few more pix if u were interested. We used to have the 3 matching trucks, now both of those are long gone, one totalled, one stolen/recovered and sold:(
CodyandGerard2.jpg

Those are pretty clean. I've got alot of plans for this thing.. It was my moms and she passed and it was left to me so I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I just got an alarm put on it with every add on possible...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Taken today.

Attachments

• DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 533

Back