• Register Today It's free!

Stubby Radio Antenna

anti_rice_guy

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT 4x4
I can't stand the massive stock antenna after 11 years of staring at it, especially since after all those miles it's now bent back from the wind.

I know most retailers I saw on Amazon say they're all universal, but what do you guys recommend that still gets decent radio reception?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't stand the massive stock antenna after 11 years of staring at it, especially since after all those miles it's now bent back from the wind.

I know most retailers I saw on Amazon say they're all universal, but what do you guys recommend that still gets decent radio reception?

I just cut mine 12 inches. Reason I did that is it touches my garage door when I pull in and it cut my rubber seals on the garage door. No loss on reception.

I need a new antenna for a different reason. After I installed my aftermarket head unit with NAV, the AM reception is horrible.
Not sure how to fix it.

I used the method in the youtube video above, worked well. I shortened mine to 16" and it had no noticeable affect in reception.

Back