• Register Today It's free!

Subwoofer setup suggestions

Basslessbasshead

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
I've got a 1997 ford explorer and I want to setup a subwoofer and amp, 10" or 12" unless I comeacross a good deal for a 15 on craigslist. I need help picking out the sub and amp and I also need some instruction on the installation. Also if anyone has ideas as to how I could setup the sub and box so that I could take it out often if needed. I would still like to be able to help people move if possible (but if not O well). All opinions welcome!

One option is to use a modified OEM enclosure, or an aftermarket enclosure, that fits behind the passenger side rear cargo area trim panel. In my Budget Bass project, I used a modified OEM enclosure, with an amplifier under the rear driver side seat. Not competition winning bass by far. I just wanted to add a decent amount of bass to my OEM stereo. Plus, it does not attract unwanted attention since it appears stock.

Click on image for larger view.
h_b0073da6-b23e-4afe-8a84-5e29abaf127a_zpsf7b48f02.jpg

th_greensubcover_zpsu3e6j6nl.jpg

My amps are bolted to the back of the rear seat, and my sub sits on the floor in the rear section. If I want to remove the sub I just unplug speaker leads.

I built a panel that covers the pocket in the back passenger side cargos area mounted my amp to that and put a push terminal on that piece of wood as well so when I needed to pull out my box then I just pulled out the wires on the terminal and took my box inside that way I didn't have any wires that would possibly touch when loading or unloading cargoe

Back