• Register Today It's free!

Super Springs

fishnmaine

Reaction score
City, State
East Waterboro, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac 4x4 Auto.
Has anybody found this item for their rear springs. Its called spring savers by super springs I see it for all makes and models 4x4 but not Sport Trac.
Am i missing something here. Is there another brand name that makes them for sport trac.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sags a little when I tow my boat. Those load asset shocks look good but does it really help?

"Load adjust", that's what they're designed for. Read the posts, they solve many issues.

IMO, for the price are a bargain, and would have them installed if I wasn't lowered. LOL

Just buy a new set of Ex 4 door or Ranger springs and be done with it.

A Band-Aid won't last and you'll continually be looking for something else to fix the problem.

Ford Ranger Rear Leaf Spring - 5 Leafs, 1750lbs

I used the ones at the link, and picked up a little over an inch of height, due to the different arch and capacity.

MT, I respect your knowledge and many informative posts, but the OP said nothing about weak leafs, only that "It sags a little when I tow my boat". Agree, if leaf springs are flattened or weak, the solution is to replace them. I consider AAL or re-arching "Band-Aid" fixes. I don't ever recall reading about a failure or wear out with the lifetime warrantied 58617 shocks. JMO

I put the coil over shocks on the back of mine and they stiffened the ride up more than they helped, railroad tracks became a horrible experience.

It reminded me of riding an old Harley hard tail.

After installing the new heavier leaves the ride of my '00 became a lot more refined than with the load assist shocks.

The cost of the add a leaf and/or the load assist shocks is as much or more than the heavier new leaves.

I'm just to the point of treating the cause instead of the symptom.

Great info with one exception. Monroe 58617's are around $100 per PAIR, Ranger leafs linked above are $100 each.
Regardless, sounds like new leafs really are the way to go. Thanks for your first hand experience and advice. :dpchug:

I put the coil over shocks on the back of mine and they stiffened the ride up more than they helped, railroad tracks became a horrible experience.

It reminded me of riding an old Harley hard tail.

After installing the new heavier leaves the ride of my '00 became a lot more refined than with the load assist shocks.

The cost of the add a leaf and/or the load assist shocks is as much or more than the heavier new leaves.

I'm just to the point of treating the cause instead of the symptom.

I thought these springs are adjustable. Yes I don't have weak springs Ive own this truck since new never towed anything until this year. Although I had some heavy loads of mulch I had to pick up and she was riding really low then. This was done once a year and didn't damage the springs. I just wanted something to hold the truck up a little. My boat & trailer is only 2500lbs.
Now why would I buy Ranger springs for Sport trac wouldn't they be different? Don't they sell beefier springs for sport trac. I know a few guys that like the Spring Savers. Thats why I asked why can I find them for Sport Tracs. Now adding a leaf might be an option. But I wouldn't know where to look for what size I need. Load assit shocks sounds it might work also.

"Now why would I buy Ranger springs for Sport trac wouldn't they be different? Don't they sell beefier springs for sport trac."

Go to the referenced web page and look at the specs.

The 4Dr/Sport/Trac/Ranger all have the same distance between the mounts, or in layman's can terms use the same spring.

Now Ford, like most other manufacturers offered different spring rates in different variants of the vehicle in question.

The 4Dr came with a couple of fair spring rates, while the Sport had a fairly crappy mono leaf, the Trac had kind of not passenger vehicle and definitely not truck rates.

The Ranger springs are available with a wider variety of spring rates and arch heights and bolt right in for less expense.

So the question is more like, 'Why wouldn't you'?

"Now why would I buy Ranger springs for Sport trac wouldn't they be different? Don't they sell beefier springs for sport trac."

Go to the referenced web page and look at the specs.

The 4Dr/Sport/Trac/Ranger all have the same distance between the mounts, or in layman's can terms use the same spring.

Now Ford, like most other manufacturers offered different spring rates in different variants of the vehicle in question.

The 4Dr came with a couple of fair spring rates, while the Sport had a fairly crappy mono leaf, the Trac had kind of not passenger vehicle and definitely not truck rates.

The Ranger springs are available with a wider variety of spring rates and arch heights and bolt right in for less expense.

So the question is more like, 'Why wouldn't you'?

Yup your right except for one thing. The center arch height is about 2 1/2" difference. Ranger is lower that's for 1750lb that would lower my Trac.

Back