Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer Registry' started by vroomzoomboom, January 19, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Dono

Dono V8 Limited turbo and retired SC 4.0 OHV Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Winnipeg, Manitoba
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      00 Limited V8
      No issue pulling some timing Tim. My motor started pinging more as soon as the weather cooled off also. If its happening to both of us, it must be normal, for whatever reason.

That engine crank spinny jig thingy sounds really cool. Im not sure that you have a motor issue though, my oil pressure is the same as yours. That would mean that if your motor isn't right, mine might not be right either. I don't want to think about that.

Anyway (On that painful possibility) , I'm off to bartend a New Years event. Happy New Year everybody!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Wayoutin, Aridzona
      '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
      Callsign:
      AB7FH
      Winter blend fuel could be one issue. Another could be that you're running leaner with the super cold air.

4. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
      selkirk, manitoba
      98 supercharged 347 sport
      never thought of the fuel. well, i did sorta, but not this time. yea, because winter gas is pretty crappy. cant say lean however. wideban was pretty much spot on