For Sale - Superlift 4" lift for second generation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Superlift 4" lift for second generation

I have bought this set a couple of years ago and never had time nor a "victim" to install it on. Been sitting in my garage collecting dust. Time to let go of it as my other project is beginning to take shape. What you see in the photos is what you get - this is the way I got it. All parts are clean, ready to be installed. I dipped spindles in hot brew and painted them. It's all just a matter of a few extra bolts. Looking for $1000.00 plus shipping - stuff is real heavy - it will most likely take at least three boxes so could be expensive depending on distance.

I'm in Chicago - anyone from the area or within a 100 miles I will meet you halfway.

20170126_225534741_iOS.jpg

20170126_225603476_iOS.jpg

20170126_225609006_iOS.jpg

20170126_225616002_iOS.jpg

20170126_225623531_iOS.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump... no takers? not even tire kickers? I'm wondering now if this kit will work on a Ranger since a pick-up truck is on my sjort to buy list....

The front kit works on all 4x4 98+ Rangers. Same setup I have on mine but I have the coilover conversion.

thanks... sounds like a plan. If there are no takers on the lift (which I'm surprised) then I'll just build something. Been a long time...

Isn't that kit for a Ranger anyways? I see the Ranger rear leaf hangers in the pics.

BoominXplorer.... What length front coils & shocks are you running with the 4" drop bracket lift?

I know this is a weird place to post this, but bear with me. LOL! You guys should contact Brian1 here on the forum, and get a front bash bar (top pic) he makes for the CV IFS. Its .250" DOM Beef, that bolts on the font of the lower UCA's. That front drop bracket is a plow, and this helps deflect/protect that cross member bracket. I use it to protect my stock cross member from getting destroyed.

When I did the coil overs, I installed a Dixon Bros cross member on the rear of the lower UCA's, (lower pic), that uses the stock bolts. Have used it for years & years now. This made a huge difference in ride, as it stiffens up the UCA's from the kickback when the arms flex in the bushings. Ever watch someone's front wheels when going over rocks, and see them bounce back & forth as they drive? It's even more so with the lift, it amplifies it from leverage. No more of that squirrel feel, with this thing. You might be used to the handling if you have had the lift for some time, but I'm here to tell you, this thing makes a world of difference. Both are inexpensive, and give big rewards.
Raw IFS Bash bar.jpg
Dix bros stable bar.jpg

Interesting... the lift had been sitting in my garage for a few years now, at least 4. Bought it with intention to put it in the Explorer one day but now good, running Explorers in my neck of the woods are becoming pretty hard to find. That's why I decided to go with the Ranger as I can go all the way to 2011 with this lift.

Technically with a superlift that bar from Dixon bros wouldn't do much I would think. When using stock a-arm mounting points that bar adds a huge difference as there is no rear crossmember.

The kit posted above also is from an Explorer, judging by the rear shocks.

I'm actually ditching my superlift brackets and knuckles for ones from an old RCD 5" kit I have. Then going from 12" to 14" coils. I'm not sure 14" coils will fit with the superlift kit but they should with the RCD. I have the same coilover conversion brackets and Fox shocks as the one thread from when it all started. I'm going down to a 675lb spring rate also. 800 is too much for the ranger.

Technically with a superlift that bar from Dixon bros wouldn't do much I would think. When using stock a-arm mounting points that bar adds a huge difference as there is no rear crossmember.

The kit posted above also is from an Explorer, judging by the rear shocks.

I'm actually ditching my superlift brackets and knuckles for ones from an old RCD 5" kit I have. Then going from 12" to 14" coils. I'm not sure 14" coils will fit with the superlift kit but they should with the RCD. I have the same coilover conversion brackets and Fox shocks as the one thread from when it all started. I'm going down to a 675lb spring rate also. 800 is too much for the ranger.

Those rear leaf hangers are for a Ranger, Explorers are completely different. As far as the shocks go, I can't remember what the upper mount styles are.

I run 750 lb springs and they are stiff as heck. I wish I could go lower, or find a progressive 2.5" spring, but when I installed a set of 650's, I couldn't get the lift I wanted without compressing them too far, and lost the up travel, plus what good is a compressed spring? I now have a nice never been used set of 650 Eibach's in boxes, collecting dust. LOL!

Those are actually the front diff drop brackets your looking at.

Definitely interested. Subbing.

let me know... still have it and as of yet haven't bought a Ranger - it's still in the early planning stages

Hey, is this for a Ranger or Explorer? all the comments above have me confused.

Front works on both, Explorer and Ranger. You would have to add blocks in the back of a Ranger or add a leaf and longer shackles in the Explorer

You know if it will fit the 99? I know that there are two different models for the ranger a 98-99 then 00+

99 as far as I know is still an older design front end. IFS started in 2000 so yeah, this kit will not fit yours unless you have IFS in it.

The only difference in the 98 to 00 rangers is the hub style(vac hub vs live hub), it all bolts on the same. This lift will fit 4x4 rangers 98+.

TTB front suspension ended in 97 in the ranger

***SOLD***

Isn't that kit for a Ranger anyways? I see the Ranger rear leaf hangers in the pics.

BoominXplorer.... What length front coils & shocks are you running with the 4" drop bracket lift?

I know this is a weird place to post this, but bear with me. LOL! You guys should contact Brian1 here on the forum, and get a front bash bar (top pic) he makes for the CV IFS. Its .250" DOM Beef, that bolts on the font of the lower UCA's. That front drop bracket is a plow, and this helps deflect/protect that cross member bracket. I use it to protect my stock cross member from getting destroyed.

When I did the coil overs, I installed a Dixon Bros cross member on the rear of the lower UCA's, (lower pic), that uses the stock bolts. Have used it for years & years now. This made a huge difference in ride, as it stiffens up the UCA's from the kickback when the arms flex in the bushings. Ever watch someone's front wheels when going over rocks, and see them bounce back & forth as they drive? It's even more so with the lift, it amplifies it from leverage. No more of that squirrel feel, with this thing. You might be used to the handling if you have had the lift for some time, but I'm here to tell you, this thing makes a world of difference. Both are inexpensive, and give big rewards. View attachment 95594 View attachment 95595
any pics of these bash bars and Dixon cross members installed gman?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back