superunner tire size???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

superunner tire size????

M

Mac

I am ready to start buying parts and I was hoping that some of you who have installed the superunner 5.5" lift would have some advice. Can I fit 33x12.50 on 8" or 10" rims without any modification and due the American Eagle 559 or 589 provide enough bacspacing to allow proper steering. Please help, cash in hand and no tires and rims yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I couldn't tell you about the 8 or 10 inch wheels. I am using my stock 7 inch wheels with 33 x 12 1/2s. I also know a couple of other people who also use the stock wheels and are quite happy with this set up. One added benefit is that your tires stay tucked up inside the fenders a little better. The tires may rub a little on the radius ams but if you limit your steering a little(I have a large hex nut welded to the I-beam on each side) it will be OK.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Dead Link Removed

My explorer is a 93 4 dr XLT 4wd. I really need help, I have the lift but no tires yet. I need to knoww if 33x12.50's will fit with out any other modifications under the duperlift 5.5". Please help!!!!!!!

Mac,

If my 31x10.5 A/Ts on the stock 15x7 rims fit under my stock suspension '96 Explorer, I can't imagine why a 33x12.5 on a 15x8 would not fit under a 5.5" lifted truck. Go for it, should be no problem.

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

i have a 94 xlt 2wd. i have a 3"bodylift and 2"skyjacker suspension lift i just currently bought 33x12.50s ATs. will they fit under my explorer. i hope so would really appreciate information. would they be better on 15x8 or 15x10s.

You'll fit em' no problem...after all I run 32's on 15x8.5 rims with a 2" body lift only. By the way this is on a 92' 4dr with some minor trimming. I'd recommend 15x8 for 33's, but thats just personal preferance.
Mat

Back