Sync Applink? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

* dead horse *
are we still beating it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup we are......I paid for something I didnt get, then I had an added cost of trying to mitigate the problems created by their Performance Upgrade that really just created more problems. Two years of ownership and I still dont have basic functionality.

I just want to start the vehicle up one time and not have it change the stereo to AM when it was shut down with SIRIUS playing. Then all the DIC settings have to be reset.

But your right.

Yup we are......I paid for something I didnt get, then I had an added cost of trying to mitigate the problems created by their Performance Upgrade that really just created more problems. Two years of ownership and I still dont have basic functionality.

I just want to start the vehicle up one time and not have it change the stereo to AM when it was shut down with SIRIUS playing. Then all the DIC settings have to be reset.

But your right.

So sue them like I did, and move on. This thread is from a year and a half ago. It's never coming, or at least you shouldn't expect it to at this point.

Your right
Lemon Law Arbitration Hearing is September 5TH 1100AM

So sue them like I did, and move on. This thread is from a year and a half ago. It's never coming, or at least you shouldn't expect it to at this point.

That's the thing. We should expect better and they've promised better. It's just a matter of holding Ford to their promises. I can't in good conscience call this a lemon law issue because radio not working perfectly is not related to primary vehicle functionality. (or never had climate control issues). But I can make sure my displeasure is loud and clear out here in public forums. Surprised Ford isn't responding with action more because I know they are losing potential customers who are doing their due justice before they purchase a vehicle. All it would take for this to end is to actually dedicate some more resources to MyFord touch and get the problems worked out and all the added features they promised in. Just do it Ford, you got yourselves into this, get out! Problem solved!

It's just a matter of holding Ford to their promises. I can't in good conscience call this a lemon law issue because radio not working perfectly is not related to primary vehicle functionality.

Tell me one new vehicle that doesn't come w/ a working radio? And the fact that navi, hvac/climate, bluetooth as well as tac, gas gauge, etc are all integrated and affected make it all part of primary vehicle functionality.

The way you hold Ford to their promises is make them pay for not honoring them. Unfortunately in America the only way to force their hand is via litigation. You could sit here and complain, but see where it's gotten any of us in almost 2 years? We still have a thread where people are complaining.

I'm not complaining anymore, Ford has resolved my complaints, but it took litigation to make that happen.

I personally haven't had all the issues you've mentioned so litigation isn't an option. Not saying your vehicle hasn't, but the best I can do is keep being a squeaky wheel that hopefully somebody hears and oils with AppLink for MyFord Touch ASAP. Otherwise I'm buying a second Hyundai to go with my wifes in a year or so. I give you a lot of props for going through litigation to get your vehicle refunded. I bet its a real pain in the arse.

I agree....Applink on the EX should have been there from day one! Here's hoping Ford hears us.

+1

Still beating that horse...and waiting for Ford to take action and provide the promised updates, AppLink included.

+1

Still beating that horse...and waiting for Ford to take action and provide the promised updates, AppLink included.

^ :wavey:

Even my patience is starting to wear thin, and this is a feature I probably wouldn't use. Announced features should be delivered.

Anybody check to see if AppLink is included in v3.5.1?

Oh well, thanks for checkin' :)

Honestly what do you do expect to get if Applink does come? Pandora? And if you don't use that? It's not like its going to open up a whole ecosystem of apps...it will be 1 or 2 probably and with Verizon, AT&T, etc. limiting bandwidth it isn't going to be so useful anyway

Honestly what do you do expect to get if Applink does come? Pandora? And if you don't use that? It's not like its going to open up a whole ecosystem of apps...it will be 1 or 2 probably and with Verizon, AT&T, etc. limiting bandwidth it isn't going to be so useful anyway

Well the original expectation was a whole ecosystem, an app store, and an open SDK according to the very early press releases. I signed up on the developer page a year and a half ago, and never received any further information.

Ford said it would make the whole ecosystem public to encourage innovation in vehicle technology. Allow third parties to extend the My Ford Touch platform in ways Ford couldn't imagine.

Now... I'd be happy with Pandora =P

Ah interesting...I decided to look further and they have 13 apps for other vehicles... 13 whole apps...that is like one for every month of the year, plus an extra one. Wow!

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/features/sync-app-link/

I really just don't understand all the owners who are quick to defend Ford on this or slough it off as not important. You have a vehicle with an infotainment product that is inferior to what they promised. If nothing is done and we don't get the applink ecosystem implemented only you can be blamed because the resale isn't there when you want to trade in your vehicle. People, especially young people, are beginning to consider technology as a key decision point when purchasing a vehicle. Don't let Ford off the hook on this...we deserve better.

The same argument goes for any mechanical problems i.e. the Focus powershift dual clutch manual problems. Unless Ford is forced by the owners to do something to alleviate the issues, they will just hurt resale.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys all have great points. Applink is needed to be able to use GPS and Maps from your phone for those of us too cheap to buy NAV. What someone needs to do is figure out how to unlock MFT's potential. The NAV feature, apps, and even watching a movie from a usb drive. We're pretty sure Ford isn't going to do it. I wish a genius would take it upon themselves to jailbreak the system and make it available as an update for the rest of us! I would pay.

Back